Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 80

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Hattrick Season 80

Postby ChiliMonster » December 18th, 2021, 4:21 pm

Another season, a few changes. Pre-season preview:

Kevster's were demoted as planned, had a long-overdue name change to Red-Hot Chili Devils and following a league swap are now in V.234. I hope to finish third or possibly second this season. The rebuild continues and we have another 20 or so weeks of def training before switching to PM.

Fly Suckers were promoted to a scary-looking league and so switched to V.98. Bernard Haw promoted from the youth team with no spec, so I decided to sell and he went for £320K. Still looking for an incentive to change my training from PM. We're already out of the Cup following a mistake in not setting a condition on a player swap meaning at 3-2 up on 87 minutes I swapped an IM with a def for a little bit of training, conceded an equaliser on 90 minutes and lost in extra-time. Targeting third place in the league.

In Vietnam, there has been a massive increase in active teams from <300 to >6,000, meaning Div III is no longer in the bottom 3 tiers, so league swapping was not an option, but I am possibly in the 'easiest' anyway. It did mean no-one could move in to switch with our newly botified team. Hoi An Lunt Kickers will continue their core build with another 15 or 16 weeks of def training. The other impact of the increase in active teams is that the Cup competition has expanded from 8 or 9 rounds to 13, meaning I may get several rounds against bots or very new teams, allowing a chance to build experience with my HG core. I hope to finish third again or possibly second in the league this season. I do not want to promote yet.

I'll mention the new sponsor setup. As I said, each team is targeting third place, which is not guaranteed. So i compared the 'safe' option with the option including a top-three finish bonus. I would need 5 away clean sheets or 43 goals (not counting more than 5 in a game) just to match the safe option. Other offers required 10 wins and 28 away goals just to beat the safe option. Clearly these were not worth the risk.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 80

Postby Eastheath » December 19th, 2021, 12:42 am

We are trying our luck again in series IV, for the umpteenth time.
A quick check of our rivals, which include two drop ins, suggests we will do well to get 5th place. Our fans say a mid table finish would be nice.
We kick off at home against the other auto promotee, His preference appears to be 5-2-3, so I guess we will win midfield, question is can we score as well.

Cup round 1 was an uninspired 0-3 win against a bot, round 2 is a series V playing 4-5-1 long shots, so an entirely different proposition. Will be fun trying our hand to beat that one with the trainees.

Sponsorship - the only option that worked for us was the fixed income per game. Clean sheets and away wins are not my speciality!

Have brought a defender on board, let an older one go, and added a scoring trainee. Will sell an older striker at some point to help fund some midfield rejuvenation. Good luck all

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » December 23rd, 2021, 4:56 pm

Round 1 in the league went as expected, a tough match to break through a five man defence but we did it once and 1-0 was enough for the three points.
So far so good.
Cup round 2 also went our way, another defence that needed cracking, this one was a bit easier at 0-3.

Next league game while we are on the Baileys and Quality Streets is away to a better team (on paper) so will have to see if I can find the right tactics.
Next Cup game round 3 is away to a well matched team, we will need the full first XI (bar the trainees) to give them a game.

Seasons greeting to all.

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » December 24th, 2021, 2:46 am

Week 1

Red-Hot Chili Devils
Eng V.234

9-0 win in the first round of the league is a great start. After round 2 of the Cup I'm the only only team in my V league still in the English Cup. I'm confident of an away league victory this week and in round 3 of the Cup, too.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98

I lost R1 of the Cup, but won away in the league. I think I'm playing the three weakest teams in my league if the first three rounds, so I have achnace to build up TS with PICs. I won my first round of the Craig Wozniak Cup and should win the next (away) too.

Hoi An Lunt Kickers Vietnam III.11

Somewhat diappointed with the 1-1 draw in round 1 of the league at home. I expect to win away with CA in the league this weekend. 2 bots in the Cup so far and another one next week. I should get to R6 or 7 of the Cup before enountering a competitive team. It's been a while since I've been able to say that in England.

Merry Christmas,

Kevster

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » January 1st, 2022, 2:11 am

Week 2

Red-Hot Chili Devils Eng V.234

1-6 away win in the league. I'm beginning to worry that I could win this league. It's early, of course, but the strongest team is now ownerless and will presumably turn bot after week 7. There is one team pulls similar hatstats to me, so there is some competition. I'm still the Cup (two rounds further than any other in this league), but will be against a top Div III team, so expect to go out.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98

A 5-0 home league win puts me in second. I'm also revising my estimations for this season up to a firm second at the end of the season. Still in the Wozniak Cup, with away matches.

Straightforward away win, 0-4. Still in Cup and R4 will see me face my first active team, albeit one that's less than a season old. Defending training is progressing well and can now get E-T CA ratings.

Happy New Year.

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 5th, 2022, 12:34 am

Happy New Year!

The Week 2 league game went better than expected, with a 0-5 away win. It was 0-3 with 4 mins to go when they lost a defender to injury, after which we quickly nicked two more goals. That kept us top of the table.

Despite playing Cup round 3 with a full squad, except for trainee strikers, I paid the price for not going the whole hog. They scored three times, we equlalised each time, 3-3 at full time so extra time beckoned, and then another equaliser was needed to make it 4-4 before penalties. Despite setting penalties, we went out 10-9. Ugh. Into the Conspirator Cup we go.....

Week 3 league game was a comfortable 4-0 home win so we continue to stay top, Pld 3 W3, goals F10 A0, not used to this in series IV.

Conspirator Cup week 1 of 10 started with a 0-3 away win.

Week 4 in the league we are away to an equally matched side which has had an indifferent start, but it will be our toughest game to date and probably a good test.

e

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » January 7th, 2022, 9:26 pm

Week 3

Another win in the league, keeping me top. I expect to win away next week too. Well and truly knocked out of the Cup in R4. Into the Conspirator Cup, where hopefully I'll last 2 or 3 weeks for a bit of revenue.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
Doing well in the League with 9 points. I'm second, home to third next week which I hope to win. Still in Wozniak Cup with agood chance of progressing another round.

My 1-0 victory in the League looked harder than it needed to be, albeit against a similarly skilled team. They always play 5-4-1 CA regardless of the expected midfield outcome (not the only team in this league to do that). They also play a TDF (whose TSI is half their total squad's - I contemplated MM him, but I don't have a Powerful def strong enough at the moment), so their attack ratings are quite low, leading to a potential stalemate. I played 532 CA and, as expected, was losing MF but they were never going to get through my defence. An injury to their TDF, then an IM getting sent off in the first half ironically swung the MF battle so that I was winning it and they now got a CA chance, but it was me that scored the only goal.

Still in the Cup and in R5 I will still be playing a team that's only been around for 10 weeks. The frustrating thing is all these Cup games away in 12,000-seater stadiums, meaning there's not much money yet. The next two league games are against bots, so guaranteed points and opportunity to max experience for my core trainees.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 11th, 2022, 3:51 pm

Rounds 3 and 4

League
Round 3 saw us manage a comfortable 4-0 home win, which kept us top despite the odds.
Round 4 was our sternest test to date, we went down 2-0 away to a team with a beefy midfield and defence, and have dropped to equal third.
As a sign of things to come, we have played the four lowest team, and lost to one of them. We have still to play the three highest teams, which might not be the best news!
The next game is away to the other team in equal third

Conspirator Cup
We won our first CC cup game 0-3, tonight we are home to a team we can beat on the day. Hoping today's the day ;-)

e

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 17th, 2022, 6:13 pm

Meh

Conspirator Cup, Round 2 we went out 2-4, they wanted it more than we did.

League Round 5
We went down 3-0 away, which was a little bit unfair (last two goals were very late) although a defeat was on the cards. That drops us to 4th and probably the right place in the league for once. Being top gave us a nosebleed, anyway.....

Next we are at home to the team at the top, then the back to backs are against the team in 2nd, then its the top team again. Thats not a nice run, but we will have to scavenge something out of it otherwise it will be another relegation struggle.

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » January 20th, 2022, 12:40 pm

Weeks 4 and 5

My league games in the first half of the season are in reverse order of where I think each team will finish, so getting tougher each week. I still have a 5 wins out of 5, but the last match was a 2-1 win, which should have been easier than the score looked. I'm playing 3rd and 2nd these next 2 weeks, after which 2nd should become a bot. I am now seriously contemplating what will happen if I win the league. I don't think I want to promote as I would expect to have a tough season in Div IV as I will be switching to IM training after about 4 weeks, and playing core trainees starting out with poor/inad/passable PM at that point. I could throw a qualification match, but there is also the danger of autopromotion unless I throw some games in the meantime, which I will struggle to bring myself to do. I don't have the excuse of focusing on the Cup either, now, having just gone out of the Conspirator Memorial Cup with my 'best' CA team.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
I dropped my first points of the season in an expected loss to the by-far strongest team in the league. I'm doing well in second place, though and the next four matches are against the 2 teams that will autorelegate. I'm still in the Craig Wozniak Cup after a home win, but will go out next week against a very strong Div III team.

Doing well with 13/15 points in the league. In second, where I hope to finish the season. Again, I don't want to promote yet for the same reason as above.

Still in the Cup and played 6 rounds away in 12,000-seater stadiums, meaning there's not much money. I finally get a home game in R7 but it will be against a much stronger team, so I expect to go out. There should be some prize money for getting to round 7 out of 13, about £107K I think.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 24th, 2022, 11:27 am

Week 6
Well, we had a lucky escape this week. The next four weeks of games are against the top two, and we managed to get a 1-1 draw out of the first of the four, at home. The beat us on all counts (except goals), with 8 chances to our two. We scored first with one of ours against the run of play, they equalised immediately but couldn't get a winner. Doesnt bode well for the return leg!
This leaves us still in 4th with W3 D1 L2. The next two games are against the new league leader, so we will be in damage limitation mode. I suspect by end of week 9 we will be in 5th or 6th. Hopefully it will get easier at the tail end of the season....

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » January 28th, 2022, 6:14 pm

Week 6

A 2-2 draw away to third ends my 100% league record and drops me to second place on GD. I am playing top in the mid-season double header, away first of all, after which they should turn bot. As said last week, I don't want to promote, so if I drop some points in the away game it might be a blessing, but I can't help myself from putting the best team out.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
Out of the Craig Wozniak Cup after a home loss, as expected and an easy home league win against an ownerless team. The double header is against the bottom team, so 6 points expected.

Doing well with 16 points in the league and a slight surprise on other results saw the top team lose and allow me to move into first place by a point and just below the autopromotion line by a few goals. My double header is against the team I have just passed, who are stronger than me on paper: I expect to get 0 or 1 points in the next 2 weeks, but it's not impossible that I get 3 or 4, even.
We went out of the Cup in R7 following our first home game.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 31st, 2022, 11:48 am

I was annoyed at first to find out we had lost away to the league leaders 3-1, having taken an early lead. On reflection, looking at the stats, we were lucky to get one and they only got 3. Their 5-4-1 long shot game produces the results all the time.

So at the half way stage we are 4th with W3 D1 L3, and as the next few games against the league leader again and teams above us, we may well slip down the order before putting in an effort to avoid those relegation slots.

And I have under £300k in the bank.
e

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » February 4th, 2022, 6:10 pm

Week 7

I am playing top in the mid-season double header, away first of all, after which they should turn bot. As I said last week, I don't want to promote, so if I drop some points in the away game it might be a blessing, but I can't help myself from putting the best team out.

I managed a 1-2 win playing CA, which was a great result moving me top of the league. They are confirmed bot now, so this week is a doddle. I am a couple of goal below the autopromote line. I am beginning to wonder if it i better to promote and struggle, rather than stay and have a comfortable season in Div V. It comes down to which will be better financially. Any thoughts?

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
The double header is against the bottom team, so 6 points expected.

0-3 win in the first game!

My double header is against the team I have just passed, who are stronger than me on paper: I expect to get 0 or 1 points in the next 2 weeks, but it's not impossible that I get 3 or 4, even.

0-1 loss last week on CA. PIN Normal at home this week. Their defence is as tight as a gnat's chuff, so scoring will be difficult, but I also have a good chance of keeping them out. A loss will drop me to third, while a point should keep me in second on GD. I could finish in first, second or third, largely depending on this game.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » February 10th, 2022, 12:39 am

sorry Kevster, I'm no master tactician or student of the fine art of Hattrickery, so on the topic of promoting and struggling or staying low and collecting money, I have no words of wisdom. Just a personal preference to promote, given the chance! Despite the fact I've been here since season 23, I haven't played the strategic long game....

In the return leg against the league leaders, we only went and beat them 2-1, having lost 3-1 in the first leg. Thats their first defeat in the league. The law of averages finally played out.

They are still 1st and we are still 4th, but we now have a fighting chance of finishing 4th if not better. Next week its away to 3rd, another tough nut to crack, but I'm hoping we can squeeze another draw out of them.

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » February 11th, 2022, 1:05 pm

Week 8

A 6-0 win against the newly botified team. I am now above the autopromote line by 5GD and 5 points clear of second place, who I play at home next week.
sorry Kevster, I'm no master tactician or student of the fine art of Hattrickery, so on the topic of promoting and struggling or staying low and collecting money, I have no words of wisdom. Just a personal preference to promote, given the chance!

Thanks Eastheath. Yes, I think I'll take the promotion if that happens rather than throw the opportunity. There was News this week about some new queuing system replacing (or adding to, not clear) the league swap system. I'll have to look at that.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
A 6-1 home win this week. My target was third or second place this season, and I am now confident of a second place finish as I am currently six point clear of third. I'm away to the new bot in the league this Sunday.

PIN Normal at home this week. Their defence is as tight as a gnat's chuff, so scoring will be difficult, but I also have a good chance of keeping them out. A loss will drop me to third, while a point should keep me in second on GD. I could finish in first, second or third, largely depending on this game.

Shortly after writing that I had another look at upcoming fixtures and saw that I was playing a newly ownerless team (currently in 6th) and then the two bots, so I thought, "sod it, I'll play MOTS", which is extremely rare for me mid season. The result was 1-1. I'll never know if that was better than if I had PINed, but I'm glad I didn't lose having MOTSed. Leaves me is second. I have three game to rebuild TS before playing my closest rivals at home, starting with the ownerless team, who I am confident of beating with CA.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » February 15th, 2022, 5:39 pm

We now have a fighting chance of finishing 4th if not better. Next week its away to 3rd, another tough nut to crack, but I'm hoping we can squeeze another draw out of them.

Came away with a 3-3 in the end, but in hindsight only half happy with that. We went 4-3-3 pressing, against 3-5-2. They won midfield easily 60/40, but the pressing did the trick and we ended up with six chances each. We took the lead 0-2 after 35 mins, only for two quick replies to make it 2-2 at HT.

They brought on fresh legs with three substitutions at around 60-70 mins, only for us to take the lead again on 74. They replied in the 82nd minute, and we actually had one more chance before the whistle, but it ended all square. 322 v 295 stats, so I cant really complain.

In a surprise result, 5th won away to 2nd, so they climb above me and we slip to 5th. There's only 2 pts between 2nd and 5th, so its really tight, and one of us is likely to have to face a qualifier. 1st is 6 pts ahead and 6th is 5 pts behind the middling pack, so its all taking shape.

Next game- home to 3rd, winnable with a fair wind and some luck on our side, but I suspect the league is going to stay tight right to the end....

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » February 18th, 2022, 12:27 pm

Week 9

A 1-0 win against the team that was in second was closer than the stats might have predicted. I am +2GD above the autopromote cutoff as things stand.
Next week I'll be away to the team now in second place. I think I should win on CA, but I'm considering using Man Marking against a technical forward, something I've not tried in a competitive match before. It would reduce my CA rating, which is why I'm hesitating.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
0-5 away win against the bot last week.
This week I am home to the top team in my league. They are three points and 2GD above me. I am 6 points above third. I will be very happy to finish second and had no expectations of winning this league, but I'll give it my best shot on PIN to get something out of this match. They have an injured first team IM. Who knows?

3-1 win against the ownerless team. In a twist, third beat first away allowing me to go top on GD. Again, I never expected to win this league, but anything from 1st to third is realistically possible now. I have the two bots coming up the next two weeks. They key game is the week after those.

Cheers,

Kevster

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » February 21st, 2022, 3:08 pm

Week 10.

It's been awhile. Hope all is well.

I've been working with Bissy for the England NT and we did really well to win our European group containing the reigning European champions (Bulgaria) and the reigning world Champions (Slovakia). This puts us into the knockout stages for Europe with a quarter-final match against Portugal next up.

My own players have been involved as well. 2nd team GK Davies (unpred) has player the majority of the Europe games for England, and Tate/Bacchus have also played as Wing backs for England until their form dipped. Also from the 2nd team all 4 of my wing backs have featured for Oceania who also won their group and have a tough quarter final against Israel.

My 1st team PNF prospect, Luke "The Chauffeur" Schafer has played a few games for England, despite still training at low stamina, and my 3rd team home grown GK David "save it like" Wickham was called up for South Africa to sit on the bench when they had an issue during the Africa Cup. They have a wild card play-off against Tunisia to get into the World Cup.

In England in III.7, after 10 games I'm in 3rd spot, 3pts behind the leader and 3pts ahead of 4th (Jack - who was U21 manager last term with myself as assistant). The team is getting to the expensive part of training with a magical 29 year old, and stamina is still low for the 27 year old. The England NT call came 2 seasons before I was planning, so I'm trying to adjust, upped stamina to 11% this week to try to prevent Schafer dropping to passable as a mid-late 28 year old.

In Oceania, my CA team has come unstuck against two long shots teams in II.1 this season. I tried using the updated pressing tactic and was perhaps unlucky to have 0 points from those fixtures so far, but it is clear that CA does struggle against LS, even with an NT GK between the sticks to try to reduce the effectiveness of the LS conversion rate. I'm in 3rd 6pts behgind the leadr and 4pts behind the best LS team that beat me 2-0 this weekend. In the Cup, once again, I was knocked out at the last 16 stage by a Prem side who has made the final.

This team has 2 more seasons left before the players are too old to be considered first choice for the NT, and so I'm hoping to find some gems within my youth academy, but it has had a dry spell recently, and there's no players currently that I'd want to base a rebuild around.

In South Africa it's all gone a bit crazy in II.2. A recent signing (quick Nigerian winger) helped me draw 2-2 at the weekend (a bit unlucky, ratings suggested I should get all 3pts) , but the Nigerian NT manager wants me to up stamina to 18%. I'm going to oblige after losing money on the previous winger I bought (and sold for Egypt NT). This meant the team recorded a seasons best 416 hatstats yesterday - with 3 teams having produced better (or 4 if we look at averages). Training GK does allow flexibility in game approach, which has probably helped a lot to be fair as I'm currently top and 6pts clear of 2nd/3rd and 1pt behind the auto-promotion line to get to the top division. That's after 10 games at 10% stamina...

My coach recently dropped to disastrous leadership, I do have a divine+6 experience with weak leadership lined up to replace him for £900k conversion cost.

IAs a side note, divine++ experience might become a bit rarer in the future with the way experience has been adjusted for NT players, so I'd recommend buying one with weak/inadequate leadership to use as a future excellent coach for a rebuild one day.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » February 23rd, 2022, 2:29 pm

Week 10, a home win 4-1 against the team above me, so we swap places and are now 3rd on 17 pts, they are 4th on 16pts and team in 5th is on 15 pts, 6th is on 12 pts. Not over yet, by a long shot, but 7th and 8th are adrift.
Fortunately my last 4 games are against the bottom 4 teams, in turn 5th, 8th, 6th and 7th, so the hardest bit is (perhaps, possibly) done....

5th beat us at home 2-0, so we'd like to correct that in the next game. They have the edge on paper, and can win away, so no letting up just yet.
League leader is 8 pts ahead, so I can probably forget that aspiration....
e

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”