Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

PL Young Player of the Year

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
simoan
Lemon Quarter

PL Young Player of the Year

Postby simoan » May 21st, 2022, 12:54 pm

I just find this so boring because the teams at the top of the league always get favoured, but I'm disgusted enough that I've decided to post about it. Phil Foden won the PL Young Player of the Year award even though he's only played ~2,000 minutes (about 58% of City's game time this season) in the Premier League. Yes, he's a very good player but I've watched a decent amount of the Premier League games this season and I've been watching football long enough to know when I see a player at the very top of his game and seriously influencing every game he plays in.

As such, all bias aside, I'm disgusted that Declan Rice has not won this award. IMHO he was head and shoulders above all the other young players up for the award. And before the Liverpool fans start, I agree Alexander-Arnold should have a shout but his form in the last month or so has not been great.

All the best, Si

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Re: PL Young Player of the Year

Postby bjmarren » May 22nd, 2022, 12:21 pm

Couldn't agree more.

Conor Gallagher scored 8 goals and had 6 assists as a loan player in a team that was regarded as relegation potential because of the choice of Viera as manager. In his first season playing as a regular his performances stand out by a mile. Maybe loan players can't be considered because of their status! Mind you, I'm a Chelsea supporter.

Brendan

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » May 22nd, 2022, 12:50 pm

No to Foden
Yes to Rice or Gallagher

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » May 22nd, 2022, 2:24 pm

bjmarren wrote:Couldn't agree more.

Conor Gallagher scored 8 goals and had 6 assists as a loan player in a team that was regarded as relegation potential because of the choice of Viera as manager. In his first season playing as a regular his performances stand out by a mile. Maybe loan players can't be considered because of their status! Mind you, I'm a Chelsea supporter.

Brendan

Yes, I agree on Gallagher too although I've not watched as many Palace games this season. I've watched a fair bit of West Ham, so I'm slightly biased towards Declan Rice. Every West Ham game I've watched he has been excellent, an absolute monster; unlike Foden who sometimes disappears and does not effect games as much as he should, but then he's not the only City player who sometimes gets a free ride because the team is so dominant in games. I think sometimes the people that vote in these awards don't actually watch any games! :)

All the best, Si

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”