Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 81

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Re: Hattrick Season 81

Postby ChiliMonster » June 21st, 2022, 11:17 pm

Week 11
Red-Hot Chili Devils, Eng IV.7

I'm away to the tope team next week, so I expect to lose.
451 vs 451 and I only got about 14% possession, but their 9* forward got injured toward the end of the first half when it was 1-1 and was replaced with 4.5*, so I thought I had a chance of hanging on for a draw; but I only went and won 1-2! That moves me up to fourth in the league, but it's still only 2 points and a few goals above autorelegation.

Fly Suckers, Eng V.98
1-2 win away at third, putting me 9 points ahead of them.

Hoi An Lunt Kickers, Vietnam IV.11
Next week I'm away to the league leaders, who I'd love to beat. They always CA, even when they are going to clearly win MF. They seem to have shifted from 541 to 532 as most frequent formation, playing a TDF and, tactically naively perhaps, a powerful defensive forward...

With very low attack ratios on both sides a very uneventful 0-0 draw was played out. I actually dropped to third on GD. I will have to play the new second in the final match, but they've only conceded two goals all season.

Whimsy Flankers, Anniversary League VII.516
1-0 home win against second leaves me clear at the top, six and seven points above 2nd and 3rd, who have to play each other, so promotion is assured, I think. I have listed and sold my 36yo outstanding-scoring forward and bought a 31yo replacement. I've also got a 3000-seat expansion of the stadium ongoing.

Overall, 3 league wins and a draw...again.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » June 23rd, 2022, 12:15 pm

Nice set of results, Kevster.

Series IV
We were at home to the league leaders also, but they had lost two on the bounce and we had just been beaten by the bottom team, so it was hard to gauge. As it turns out, we won 2-1, and it appears deservedly so by the stats. Only downside was a +1 to a defender, but the win drops them to 3rd and keeps us in 4th. A defeat would have seen us slip to 6th. Its all very tight - we are 3 pts off top place and 2 pts off 6th.
Next game is away to the new bottom team, who draw a lot but have yet to win a game. They are already relegated. On paper its doable, but their home games are always close and they've drawn with the better teams. Potential banana skin.

Anniversary League
At home to league leaders and we were thumped 0-5. They subbed all three IMs after one minute, then took us apart. The top 3 are racing away, 10 pts clear, the rest of us are scrapping for 4th-8th, all slots are open. Surprisingly we stayed in 4th, but next game is away to 3rd which we will very likely lose, dropping us to 5th or 6th. Wanted to do some buying to shore up the back and strengthen the front, but its all a bit competitive/pricy.

e

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » July 1st, 2022, 1:16 am

Week 12

I was 4th home to 5th. The 2-2 draw was a bit harsh as I thought I should have won on the ratings, but coming from 0-2 down I'll take it. Still in fourth. Next week I'm away to 7th and home to third in the final week. It's that time of the season where the challenge is to work out when to use PIC/PIN/MOTS and what to save for a likely relegation play off if it doesn't all work out.

Fly Suckers, Eng V.98
4-0 home win this week. Next week away to fourth which should be a win.

Straightforward 5-0 win against fourth. I'm still in third on GD. Next week away to fifth, which should be a win.

I was away to sixth confident of a win. I was winning 1-3 at half time, but inexplicably shipped three goals in the second half, so it was a rare loss. I'm still four points clear at the top. A home win against third this week would secure promotion.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 4th, 2022, 8:33 pm

Week 12 and 13
I seem to have missed a week, probably because I've been narked by the results we've picked up!

Week 12
Series IV
we lost 1-0 away to the bottom team, who appear to have rejuvenated their squad early for next season, despite having already been relegated. It was always going to be a low scorer, but we had hoped to be the ones to get the goal, alas not to be. They edged it all round to be fair.

Anniversary League
Thumped 5-0 again by the team in 3rd, and the loss dropped us to 5th. not a lot to shout about....

Week 13
Series IV
A chance to fix things, in 5th with a home game against 4th, but just a point in it and a win could have put us top if other results went our way. Ha.
We won midfield, but while our defence and their attack cancelled each other out, their defence was much stronger than our attack. Inevitably they thumped us 1-4 and moved into 3rd. The team in 6th also lost, so we find ourselves still in 5th, 2pts from safety, and who do we play next, yes the team now in 4th. We wont win it on paper, grass or code if the form book rings true. That means a qualifier is on the cards. Do I PIC and save ourselves for a qualifier, or PIN and see if I can pull off a surprise...

Anniversary league
Actually won a game, 4-2 against 7th, which keeps us in 4th. Bought a striker a couple of weeks back and he's finally found the net. Unfortunately we are away against 2nd in the final round, its theirs for the taking, and 5th are on a roll and odds on to win, so I am likely to lose a position next week.

An indifferent season comes to an end soon!

e

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » July 7th, 2022, 1:08 am

Week 13

I was 4th away to 6th. I only averaged 19% possession but my attack ratios were better. I took the lead in the first half and briefly it was mathematically possible to win the league, but I conceded 2 in the second half. My orders to move to 253 if losing kicked in and I did equalise but then one of my IMs got a red card and I conceded the losing goal.
Going into the final week, direct relegation is still possible, but I'm in 5th and on balance expect a play-off so I'll PIN rather than MOTS next week, I think.

Fly Suckers, Eng V.98
An easy 1-5 win this week.
Going into the final week I am 3 points behind the league leader with a supoerior GD. I play them at home. Analysis would suggest I do have a reasonable chance of winning, so I'll MOTS and see what happens.

I had a rather surprising 5-2 away loss to the fifth-placed team. This all but confirms I will finish in third place unless I can win against second next week by seven clear goals, when they have only conceded 2 all season!

Back to winning ways confirms me as champions with a week to go.

Cheers,

Kevster

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » July 13th, 2022, 1:09 am

Week 14

Going into the final week, direct relegation is still possible, but I'm in 5th and on balance expect a play-off so I'll PIN rather than MOTS next week, I think.

I PINed and was losing 2-3 during the second half so the substitution kicked in to change 352 to 253. I conceded another goal, but my third forward scored two goals in the 88th and 89th minutes so it finished 4-4. As it turned out, win, lose or draw I would finish 5th.

My playoff is against a 550 LS team. They were unbeaten and conceded one goal the entire last season, but it doesn't look like they were challenged tactically in that time. I will play 253 with 2 OWBs. I should dominate MF but they have a massive defence, but I hope to score a couple of goals in normal time.

Fly Suckers, Eng V.98
Going into the final week I am 3 points behind the league leader with a supoerior GD. I play them at home. Analysis would suggest I do have a reasonable chance of winning, so I'll MOTS and see what happens.

I won 4-0, so maybe the MOTS wasn't necessary. I have a playoff to promote. I don't feel ready for Div IV with this team which is only 5 seasons old, but I'll give it a go. I will drop training intensity to 33% to recover TS, after which we might be pretty closely matched.

...I will finish in third place unless I can win against second next week by seven clear goals, when they have only conceded 2 all season!

I lost 1-2. Hey ho.

A final victory and the league is won by 4 points. Promotion beckons. A great first season, but I have no idea what awaits next time.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 14th, 2022, 5:29 pm

Series IV
Our season ended with a whimper, three defeats on the trot, including a 3-0 defeat away to 4th place in the final game, from what was a promising position a few weeks ago, has left us in 5th with W4 D5 L5, and facing a qualifier.

Our opponent had already won his league but couldnt get automatic promotion, so I suspect his 3-3 draw in the final game was on a PIC in prep for a qualifier. In fact the previous two games were against a bot and a team that finished 6th, so there may have been a few more PICs recently, which means they are all fired up on team spirit.

We will take midfield, and we should score through our central attack, but they have a strong attack in centre and also on wing, which will score a few, given the chance. Luck will be a feature for whoever wins this one.

May the odds be forever in our favour!

Anniversary league
Another 5th finish, although as this is the bottom league rung, there's no qualifier. W5 D1 L8.

e

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » July 23rd, 2022, 1:35 am

Qualifications...

My playoff is against a 550 LS team. They were unbeaten and conceded one goal the entire last season, but it doesn't look like they were challenged tactically in that time. I will play 253 with 2 OWBs. I should dominate MF but they have a massive defence, but I hope to score a couple of goals in normal time.
That's pretty much how it played out and I won 1-0, so remain in Div IV.

Fly Suckers, Eng V.98
I have a playoff to promote. I don't feel ready for Div IV with this team which is only 5 seasons old, but I'll give it a go. I will drop training intensity to 33% to recover TS, after which we might be pretty closely matched.

It was not enough and it was a not surprising 3-1 loss. I'm happy to stay in Div V.

No qualification needed; I am promoting to VI.148.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 27th, 2022, 12:01 am

Our qualifier went our way. Despite going behind 0-1 in the first half, we took the game 3-1 and with 10 chances to 2 it was more of a formality than originally expected. Series IV for another season beckons.

e

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”