Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

EPL

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

EPL

Postby Leothebear » May 10th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Well done City, but it was all a bit easy for you. No real excitement for us neutrals.

At the other end it has been nail-biting. Almost to the end any one of 11 teams were vulnerable. Now it nailed on that Stoke, WBA and Swansea are relegated. The biggest fear I always have with relegation (and being a Palace fan I have experience) isn't simply going down but the possibility of a continued slide. Sunderland Portsmouth Charlton and Wigan are fairly recent examples. I'm sure Stoke and WBA will be back but I fear for Swansea.

The escape of the season has to go to Palace. Played 7, lost 7, goals scored 0. Their recovery from that disastrous start was amazing and Hodgson deserves a medal as does Wilf Zaha who really inspired his team to snap out of their downward spiral. I'm also pleased that our arch-rivals Brighton will be there next season. Their ground is a pleasure to visit. They deserve their success.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: EPL

Postby kiloran » May 10th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Leothebear wrote:The biggest fear I always have with relegation (and being a Palace fan I have experience) isn't simply going down but the possibility of a continued slide. Sunderland Portsmouth Charlton and Wigan are fairly recent examples.

Pah! Amateurs. Coventry are the masters of the continued slide.

--kiloran

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: EPL

Postby Lootman » May 13th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Snorvey wrote:It looks like one hundred points in the English premier league costs around 11 billion quid these days.

Other teams take note.

Maybe, but then Chelsea spent a fortune and look at them today, and this season.

Leicester's success 2 years ago on a shoestring looks more and more incredible.

Fun statistic - only the top six clubs have a positive goal difference.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”