Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

FF: Someone's going to get a nice windfall

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
tony9i9i9i

FF: Someone's going to get a nice windfall

Postby tony9i9i9i » December 8th, 2016, 4:57 pm

With injuries hitting the mighty Argyle, the wheels are falling off somewhat and full league tables I thought looked so good earlier in the season I now, well, don't.

But every cloud and that, potentially at least, having failed to beat Newport in the FA Cup after they went down to 10 men on 23 minutes and held on for a draw, it's looking like that could be a very expensive mistake, the winner of the replay will be getting a very nice windfall.

Someone at BT must like Plymouth and Newport, cos they're showing the replay and the 3rd round game at Anfield no matter who gets there! (handy little bonus for Liverpool that).

The 3rd round has been moved to Sunday 1:30 kick off making public transport impossible for either away teams fans to use, but hey ho, it'll be welcome cash for whoever gets through. I hope it's us, but I've no confidence we will, but that would be our own fault after the first game. Either way the replay is now a massive game for both clubs, I'm looking forward to it, memories of 84 returning, could Tommy Tynan still do a job?:)

T9i.

tony9i9i9i

Re: FF: Someone's going to get a nice windfall

Postby tony9i9i9i » January 16th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Not been around for a while, it was us by the way and even got an unexpected draw! Replay Wednesday, should see us getting a good spanking, but you never know!

T9i.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » January 17th, 2017, 9:12 am

tony9i9i9i wrote:The 3rd round has been moved to Sunday 1:30 kick off making public transport impossible for either away teams fans to use

do they no longer run football specials these days?

didds

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » January 17th, 2017, 10:42 am

didds wrote:do they no longer run football specials these days?

Hardly ever.

A) There is no spare capacity on the rail network. Neither spare carriages, nor on many main lines even of train slots to run them in. (Except possibly on a Sunday)
B) Current franchising rules don't allow operators to operate outside of their allocated franchise routes.

Both police and operators have said they like the idea of bringing back football specials. To concentrate fans rather than having to police them more widely. But the lack of capacity makes it unlikely they will return any time soon. So you're stuck with travelling by coach/road.

Gryff

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » January 17th, 2017, 11:40 am

Thanks Gryff... shows you how long ago I used a football special!

didds

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”