Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Football Fools

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
CaptainBlade

Re: Football Fools

Postby CaptainBlade » November 7th, 2016, 11:34 am

How do you report a serious technical error with this site?

This board has been open over 10 minutes now and there has been no 'WOO HOO' report of the half a dozen goals scored by the 'champions in waiting'.

Hmmmm

CB (The mighty Blades banged in half a doze too yesterday, if anyone noticed)

andycowl

Postby andycowl » November 7th, 2016, 11:57 am

Re. Smalling and Shaw - I actually thought Chris Smalling had been banished to train with Schweinsteiger (post Chelski) and while I can understand Shaw's reticence (given his awful injury 12 months ago) I think that might prove to be a possible career limiting decision.

tony9i9i9i

Postby tony9i9i9i » November 7th, 2016, 12:37 pm

This is no good, FF needs a board not a thread.

T9i.

CatcheeMonkee
Lemon Pip

Postby CatcheeMonkee » November 7th, 2016, 1:37 pm

I guess football will be the most talked about sport on TLF, so rather than containing all the chat within one thread ('Football Fools'), hows about writing new posts straight into the Sports Bar. Then there may well become separation - a forum for football and another for everything else, depending on usage, I guess? I do agree that it could be difficult to discuss, for instance, Liverpool's fantastic thrashing of Watford in a thread peppered with chat about the dismal performances of the other title contenders ... ;)

andycowl

Postby andycowl » November 7th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Liverpool's fantastic thrashing of Watford

Indeed. I think this momentous, table-topping, never to be repeated achievement merits a top-level board all of its own named

'Wonders of the World'

CaptainBlade

Postby CaptainBlade » November 7th, 2016, 3:28 pm

andycowl wrote:
Liverpool's fantastic thrashing of Watford

Indeed. I think this momentous, table-topping, never to be repeated achievement merits a top-level board all of its own named

'Wonders of the World'

Oh for the old rec' system.

I know they played well but apparently John Motson reckons Chelski's demolition of Everton is the most complete Premier League performance EVER!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-9212569

Speaking about the performance, Motson says: "This was the best 90 minute performance I have ever seen in the Premier League.

"I put it above anything I ever saw from [expletive deleted] when they were at their best and I put it above anything I saw from Manchester United. This was football on another planet."

CB

Bigfoot111

Postby Bigfoot111 » November 7th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Motty is well past his sell by date. At the end of a wonderful move where Moses came in at the back stick and leathered the ball against the woodwork Motty's insightful comment was "I think that hit the post!!!"

Cheers Motty. Please tell me something I don't know.

andycowl

Postby andycowl » November 7th, 2016, 4:43 pm

John Motson reckons Chelski's demolition of Everton is the most complete Premier League performance

Funnily enough, Motson's performance reminded me of a prolonged Gary Neville's orgasm when Torres scored versus Barcelona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReK1waJFhLI

garfsuncle
Lemon Pip

Postby garfsuncle » November 7th, 2016, 6:07 pm

A bit odd, not having threads, but here's my first effort on these boards.

I thought both Chelski's first goal and (unfortunately) [expletive deleted]'s only score should have been disallowed for offside. In the first instance, Pedro was offside and in a position to interfere with the ball even though he didn't. How was the Everton keeper to know whether he would or not?

In [expletive deleted]'s case two out of three [expletive deleted] players in a position to score were offside. How was the Tottenham defender, Wimmer, expected to know which, if indeed any, of them were offside? He had to try to deal with the situation.

The offside Law remains an ass and should be dealt with. But it would need brains better than anything available at FIFA to deal with it!

Alan

patrickmacqueen

Postby patrickmacqueen » November 7th, 2016, 7:17 pm

Well I didn't see Chelsea's game, but nonetheless feel it's completely reasonable to declare that Liverpool's win over Watford was the greatest ever win by any football anywhere ever. Ever.

Gromley

Postby Gromley » November 7th, 2016, 10:52 pm

Can we not have a forum for PROPA football as opposed to the discussion of the Prima Donna theatre that seems to grab the country.

Maidstone United were royally robbed in the 94th minute - an yet there is no national outcry - unbelievable. (Although contrary to the opinion of the hacks - I can't recall having one dream of beating Rochdale).

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » November 8th, 2016, 2:05 pm

patrickmacqueen wrote:Well I didn't see Chelsea's game, but nonetheless feel it's completely reasonable to declare that Liverpool's win over Watford was the greatest ever win by any football anywhere ever. Ever.

It's generous of you to say so, but I assume you don't watch Liverpool regularly, as this was actually pretty routine.

But I can confirm that seeing Liverpool top the PL - and for at least two weeks - is the best cure for post-colonoscopy blues ever. Ever.

compounder74

Postby compounder74 » November 12th, 2016, 7:16 am

I think your team talk missed the bit about needing to actually put the ball in the net!

Also would have liked to have seen Burke have a go against us - from what I saw of him at forest vs last night he should be starting for you.

jockblue

Postby jockblue » November 16th, 2016, 10:48 am

<Taps screen>

This thing on?

I know it's international week, and not much happening, but I thought at the very least Captain Blade would be giving us the lowdown on events a BDTBL, the oldest ground in the middle of Sheffield.

For some reason, despite going onto TMF a little over the last couple of weeks, it was only yesterday that I realised what was happening, and have now decamped over here. Greatful thanks to Stooz and Clariman for doing this - despite being more of a lurker these days, I enjoy reading and commenting when I can.

So, omwards and upwards eh!
I'd like to suggest that the closure of the TMF boards and FF in particular should be punished by the authorities in the time honoured wayby deducting 15 points from Leeds...

Mapfumo
Lemon Pip

Postby Mapfumo » November 16th, 2016, 10:56 am

I have spent many years recommending every post that suggested docking points from Leeds United. Doesn't seem to be any equivalent functionality here :)

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”