Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

I'd prefer Liverpool to win the title . . .

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

I'd prefer Liverpool to win the title . . .

Postby Howyoudoin » February 4th, 2019, 9:52 pm

. . . than Man City. But i'm starting to think that Liverpool have blown it.

That was such an insipid performance tonight from Liverpool against my team, West Ham and they will really need to step things up if they want to be Champions.

I shouldn't care really but there were more positives tonight from West Ham than there were from Liverpool.

HYD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Re: I'd prefer Liverpool to win the title . . .

Postby Howyoudoin » February 5th, 2019, 8:59 am

Ha ha. No love lost there then.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » February 6th, 2019, 10:12 am

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the bookies have reinstalled Man City as favourites to win the title, despite Liverpool having a three point advantage.

On the basis of the old adage 'you're only as good as your last game' it's difficult to argue with that sentiment.

I was also a little disappointed to see Klopp's demeanour and incoherent rant/excuses after the West Ham game. The Mr Nice Guy mask seems to be slipping and the pressure is starting to take it's toll.

That won't do much to settle the players nerves either.

HYD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » March 3rd, 2019, 7:37 pm

Nothing has happened in the last month to change my mind.

Both teams are at nowhere near their best but City keep grinding out wins and Liverpool could only grind out a draw

Man City for the title.

HYD

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » March 4th, 2019, 9:57 am

I don't care who wins the title - I'm glad that it's not simply a procession for City. As usual, the real excitement is about who stays up.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » March 4th, 2019, 12:42 pm

Leothebear wrote:I don't care who wins the title - I'm glad that it's not simply a procession for City. As usual, the real excitement is about who stays up.

In my opinion, you don't need to look past the three in the relegation zone now. Huddersfield and Fulham are already down bar the shouting and Cardiff are not as good as the 3 teams immediately above them and have either a three or six point deficit to make up (inc goal difference) on those teams.

HYD

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » March 4th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Probably right HYD. I for some daft reason thought Fulham would have a magic recovery but that isn't going to happen.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » March 16th, 2019, 5:20 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
Leothebear wrote:I don't care who wins the title - I'm glad that it's not simply a procession for City. As usual, the real excitement is about who stays up.

In my opinion, you don't need to look past the three in the relegation zone now. Huddersfield and Fulham are already down bar the shouting and Cardiff are not as good as the 3 teams immediately above them and have either a three or six point deficit to make up (inc goal difference) on those teams.

HYD

Nothing has changed despite West Ham deciding to go 1-3 down against Huddersfield before waking up.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » April 15th, 2019, 8:03 am

I have no preference but think that Liverpool will win it because of their easier run in, also apart from one of their players none have experienced winning the title.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » April 15th, 2019, 9:03 am

Stan wrote:I have no preference but think that Liverpool will win it because of their easier run in, also apart from one of their players none have experienced winning the title.

You say that like it's a good thing? Never helped Steven Gerrard.

It was a barnstorming performance from Liverpool second half yesterday but you need to put it into perspective because of just how insipid Chelsea were. Again.

I need to be careful though because last time I admonished Chelsea on here, against Man Utd, I was told that it was only because Man Utd made them look rubbish. One thing is for sure, Chelsea fans aren't very happy with their inconsistent performances this season.

If I was a betting man, which I am, i'd say that the chances of Chelsea qualifying for the Champions league this season are slim at best.

HYD

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » April 17th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
Stan wrote:I have no preference but think that Liverpool will win it because of their easier run in, also apart from one of their players none have experienced winning the title.

It was a barnstorming performance from Liverpool second half yesterday but you need to put it into perspective because of just how insipid Chelsea were. Again.

I need to be careful though because last time I admonished Chelsea on here, against Man Utd, I was told that it was only because Man Utd made them look rubbish. One thing is for sure, Chelsea fans aren't very happy with their inconsistent performances this season.

If I was a betting man, which I am, i'd say that the chances of Chelsea qualifying for the Champions league this season are slim at best.

HYD

The one player that I was talking about is Henderson and not Gerrard.

With reference to the other players who have not won the title I expect they will be extra motivated for it to be their first title won, on the other hand most of the City team have won it so maybe not quite so motivated. We shall see.

Everything is relative as is said.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » April 17th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Stan wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:

HYD

The one player that I was talking about is Henderson and not Gerrard.

With reference to the other players who have not won the title I expect they will be extra motivated for it to be their first title won, on the other hand most of the City team have won it so maybe not quite so motivated. We shall see.

Everything is relative as is said.

As you say Stan, we will see.

If lack of motivation was a factor behind team's not trying (as much) to win the league the season after winning it, I doubt that Liverpool would've had so much success in the 70s and 80s and United wouldn't have had so much success in the 90s and 00s.

Personally, I think Liverpool blew their title chances in the 0-0 game against Everton last month.

Should be an exciting run in anyhow and now that most of the Brighton team are already on the beach and the remaining players trying to pick up the pieces, at least there is a bit of excitement at the bottom too for those of us who support teams between 8th and 16th place.

HYD

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » April 17th, 2019, 7:09 pm

I hope Liverpool lose on Sunday as my team's survival in the Premier League depends on it.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » April 18th, 2019, 8:56 am

Mike88 wrote:I hope Liverpool lose on Sunday as my team's survival in the Premier League depends on it.

Are you a Cardiff fan then M88?

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » April 18th, 2019, 9:22 am

Stan wrote:
Mike88 wrote:I hope Liverpool lose on Sunday as my team's survival in the Premier League depends on it.

That's some amazing detective work right there.

:lol:

HYD

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » April 18th, 2019, 10:42 am

Stan wrote:

Yep. Season ticket holder involving a 300 mile round trip back to my home town (city) for each home game. I know I'm mad but can't help it.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » April 18th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Mike88 wrote:
Stan wrote:

Yep. Season ticket holder involving a 300 mile round trip back to my home town (city) for each home game. I know I'm mad but can't help it.

Some commitment there M88, do you think that Warnock will stay for next season?

Not that I think that you will go down now after Brighton's recent results.

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » April 18th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Stan wrote:
Mike88 wrote:
Stan wrote:

Still think it is touch and go for survival in the PL. Brighton have a game in hand. Liverpool for us Sunday - a sell out with tickets on the black market selling for £1000 allegedly. Warnock claims he will stay until Christmas whether we stay up or go down which seems odd quitting mid season.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » April 18th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Mike88 wrote:
Stan wrote:
Mike88 wrote:

Still think it is touch and go for survival in the PL. Brighton have a game in hand. Liverpool for us Sunday - a sell out with tickets on the black market selling for £1000 allegedly. Warnock claims he will stay until Christmas whether we stay up or go down which seems odd quitting mid season.

Yes it does seem a bit odd only staying for half a season, maybe he has some personal reasons.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » April 18th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
Stan wrote:

That's some amazing detective work right there.

:lol:

HYD

Not at all any time :D

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”