Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 71

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Bink333
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 71

Postby Bink333 » April 8th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Couple of weeks to catch up on.

The England National Team has entered a friendly Euros tournament. We got drawn with Slovakia, Slovenia & Serbia which is enough to make you dyslexic if you are not already. Next week we're playing Slorvia if you know what I mean?

The plan is to build formation experience, in readiness for Q2, and I've been picking the formations that most need work and then best fit wedging in our 4x IM, 2xIMTW (plus a sub one of these) 2xWb 2xDF and a GK into whatever needs topping up next. The first game was against Q1 opponents Slovakia. We had a decent TS advantage and our 4-4-2 had 88% possession, 8 chances to their 3, helping us to a comfy 4-1 win. In the other game in the group the underdogs won as Serbia managed a 5-4 over Slovenia with 47-46% but getting 8 of the 15 chances. Slovenia were 82% to win that one.

On Friday we had the second round, Slovenia beat Slovakia 3-2, and I was topping up our 5-2-3 and 4-3-3, fully expecting to lose and we had 41-40% of the ball but got away with just a 2-2 (they were 58% to win). So with one game left we are top on GD from Serbia, and ahead of Slovenia by a point.

In England I got knocked out of the Cup last week 4-2 having lost 2-6 in the league against the next weakest team. The Cup game saw my formid xp solid leadership GK pick up a +11 and my form England NT a +1. I listed the GK for what I paid for him £1m but he had no bites at the weekend, so I've nil listed him detailing the cost of conversion (£372k) from my change coach page (currently has a bid of £400k - interested to see where this ends up) as external recruiting a solid/solid coach costs £1.7m. A 18y/o YA pull didn't sell either so he's getting 65 minutes in the consolation cup tomorrow. Yesterday we lost 5-0 in the league, which was about as respectable as it is going to get. I'm playing solid leadership low skill players for xp this season, along with my trainee forwards.

In Oceania the best of my 4 YA GK turned 17/0 just after hitting his Cap on GK and promoted with passable leadership and just over 4kTSI. I listed him for £100k and he sold for £612k. solid GK, weak Def/SP. In the league we won 0-3 last weekend, 4-4-2CA with 36/30% of the ball and 50% of the chances, 7 including 2xCA and 2xSE. This put us up to 5th. On Tuesday we were up against a bloody good II side. we went 5-3-2CA. Our attack ratings were dwarfed by their defence, but we had 2xCA chances that resulted in an indirect free kick and a free kick and we converted both to lead 2-1 after 31 minutes. We had lost one of my QWb trainees (playing on the wing) with an injury on 29, who was replaced by a 17y/o. Bearing in mind we are running 5% stamina (for over 6 seasons) we did an amazing job to hold them to a 2-2 draw after 90 minutes, but then they scored 4 in extra time to win 2-6.

Yesterday, we were at home to one of the top 3, and went 5-3-2CA again. They went 3-4-3 AIM as usual, and we had 33/28% possession. They had 7 of the 11 chances and were playing predictably with very little side attack or defence, They had just one chance in the middle and missed and converted an 89th minute left side (their 5th) chance, having missed one on the right. We had one chance on either flank and converted them both to win 2-1. This has put us up to 3rd.

In South Africa we were facing the team this week that switched leagues with us for our 2nd season. We'd won 2-6 last week and were top after 3. They've been building a handy looking defence, and so I set up with a 3-5-2 using 2xIMTW and 2xWb to boost side attacks on a PIC. The player I bought to turn into a future coach picked up a +11 hand injury after 74 age 37/80. He can convert age 38/12 and funds are in place to make him into an excellent coach (inadequate leadership) in just over 6 weeks time. We won 4-1, converting 3 of 5 side attack chances and a wing to anyone SE. We had 11 of the game's 13 chances, but only 175 hatstats to their 191. We face the strongest team in this league next...

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » April 9th, 2019, 10:50 pm

Was a bit narked at the cup game last week, we were 1-1 at full time and 2-2 after extra time, despite having 10 chances to 5 and 60/40 midfield advantage. To make matters worse, and despite having set penalty takers, we went down 4-6. Meh....

So, back to the league, and the odd results keep on coming, but this time in our favour. We were at home to the best team in the league on Ratings and 4th best on stars, they went 5-4-1 which was unusually pretty defensive, we won the midfield battle 60/40 and had 9 chances to 1. The result was 2-0.

As a result, four team are joint leaders with W3 L1 records, and we are one of them. Quite bizarre. Next week we are away to another one of the top four, heaven knows what we might get up to!

This weeks cup game should be interesting, they have another big defence with 5-3-2 in the repertoire, and so its another game of knocking down a large brick wall. Seems to be a more popular tactic these days, not the prettiest but effective.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » April 11th, 2019, 10:57 am

I crashed out the cup this week.
Decided I couldn't stop opponents attacks in any sector, so went with 2 defenders one of whom was man marking a midfield.
My wing attacks aren't great, so 253 AIM.

Opponent went 442 CA, and I man marked effectively one of the two midfielders.

I got 10 chances, of which 5 were down the middle. Scored only 1 goal - which ultimately gave my opponent 5 chances to CA and he scored all 5.

In hindsight he had the better team, and got his tactic spot on - so the result was never in doubt, though the score was a little harsh.

I clearly need to beef up my wing attack ratings, so switching from defense training (which I don't really like doing anyway), to passing and winger.
Maybe a little SP training thrown in.

Unbeaten in the league, so won't worry about the secondary cup and go for the silverware.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » April 15th, 2019, 10:09 am

I was at home to 4th this week (oh yes, I got through to the next round of the consolation cup, sorry, the Conspirator's Memorial Cup (what?) not actually trying but I'll take it) and decided for some reason I couldn't really PIC, and there wasn't much point looking at upcoming fixtures. Went with a standard 3-5-2. In the first half hour this decision to not PIC seemed justified, as we missed four chances, and they missed one. We then scored two unanswered before halftime to settle the nerves a bit. Second half, and another missed chance, but then we scored to make sure of things, 3-0 final score. Chances 9-1. Hmm, so didn't really make the most of that then! Still, can't really complain, the win's a win etc. Though one forward picked up a red card. Probably best I didn't PIC after all.

First were at home to seventh, so handed out a 6-0 pasting. We're both on 12 points, and he moves further away on goal diff. (a +6 difference at the moment). We're the only two teams on 12 points, but there's three teams not far behind on 9. League ranked 19 of 64. Bet the bloke that moved to our league is kicking himself, his old league is now ranked 45 of 64. Though I guess that might be partly because he's not in it. He's currently fourth.

Next week we're away to third place who got what I think was a lucky win this week. They have a monster midfield, and no attack, last season we got a draw at home with a CA, and won easily away when pressing, so that's no help at all. Gut feel says a 3-5-2 CA, but I'll have a better look at it later on in the week, maybe if my defenders are on form I could 4-5-1 which would be a bit more traditional CA. First are away to the new seventh, so I'm expecting to drop further behind on goal difference, or as likely on points too, unless something very weird happens.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » April 15th, 2019, 3:50 pm

England were playing Slovenia on Friday, the last game in the group stage of the EHF friendly tournament. I set up with the best fit formation for the players in the skeleton squad, a 3-5-2 with a DF and 2xWTM and an OCD, and bagged a magnificent m/f rating, with enough attack in all sectors (100% offensive) to ensure we had majority possession and get some converted. We had 53-54% and 7 of the 10 chances. England were 51% to win it and we won 2-1. Average goals were 2.6 to 2.3. Our 'prize' is to play the strongest team (on paper) left in the competition, the current #1 team in the ht-world, Poland, who finished 2nd on the group above us.

After that, there's one more friendly before Q2 kicks off, and the serious stuff begins again. I've been busy updating my spreadsheet all weekend, with the potential picks.

My league team in England was at home to a side still left in the Cup, who wisely opted to field non-essential players against me. After 31 minutes we'd double our league goal tally for the season by going 2-1 up, but then the stamina decline set in and we lost 2-4. No training pops this week, and with the U20 campaign getting off to a stuttering start, my star trainees may just end up on minimum stamina all the way until they become NT eligible.

In Oceania the 5-3-2CA tactic turned up trumps against the side that likes to play 4-5-1 AIM... A 1-2 win means we remain 3rd, a point behind 2nd and 6pts behind the leader, but also 6pts ahead of 7th. 50% of the wing/wb trainees popped this week, which put a smile on my face. This is the bit of Wb training I've been most looking forward to, because of the training speed. It'll slow down next season at 10% stamina (enforced instead of 5%) and the players being older at higher skill levels, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

In South Africa my YA solid GK turns 17/0 at midnight ht-time tonight. I'm switching to SP training now until I can upgrade to an excellent coach in week 11, when GK training will start, and he'll be playing in goal in the friendly this week. In the league we were playing against the strongest team in the league (all defence and a whiff of midfield), run by a fellow English manager, and what little chance I had went out the window when I lost an IM to two yellows for unsportsmanlike conduct. He is infamous (diving little cheaty sort), and he'd scored 4 goals in our opening 4 games, so possession went from 50/50 to 55/45. They won 1-0 in the end, which came from a free-kick in the 21st minute. We drop to 2nd, a point behind them.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » April 15th, 2019, 8:28 pm

UncleIan wrote:I (oh yes, I got through to the next round of the consolation cup, sorry, the Conspirator's Memorial Cup (what?)

If you check your match report for week 12 of s70 (last season), you'll see that a minute's silence and then applause was held for Conspirator before kick off.

Conspirator was the opposition manager I faced when I won the Cup a few seasons back, and he died the season after his team Kicker Conspiracy won the EPL,

So, like the Tom DHT Memorial Cup, the community got behind a renaming of one of the consolation Cups in his memory. TomDHT died several years ago, and had a team called the Cunnily named Funts which featured some of the craziest named players he could find in hattrick, including 'Angry Death' among others.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » April 16th, 2019, 9:28 am

Bink333 wrote:If you check your match report for week 12 of s70 (last season), you'll see that a minute's silence and then applause was held for Conspirator before kick off.

Conspirator was the opposition manager I faced when I won the Cup a few seasons back, and he died the season after his team Kicker Conspiracy won the EPL,

I should have thought about it for a second really. That's rather touching, thanks for the info.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » April 16th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Got a bit of a pasting 4-1 away to one of the teams in joint 1st, so they stay joint 1st and we drop to 4th. But it's 4th, so we are still punching above our weight.
Next week its a home game against the top team of those that are joint 1st, so I'm not expecting a win. One of our forwards is crocked on a +1, which doesn't help.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » April 23rd, 2019, 12:48 am

Another frustrating home defeat to the league leaders, 1-2 even after having taken the lead ourselves late in the first half. Six chances each as well, an evenly matched game except for the goals.

We stay in 4th on 9 pts, top three have 15 pts each. the next two games are against 7th place, we are 5 pts ahead of them and want to still be at least 5 pts ahead of them after the two games. We are at home in the first one.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » April 23rd, 2019, 9:09 am

This week we were away to third, with a monster midfield, but a very poor attack, so an obvious CA from me, in fact, so poor is their attack, I went with a 3-5-2, and still beat their attack by 30/70. They also went 3-5-2, and were pressing, a tactic they haven't used in any match recently, they were passable at it, maybe that's why they don't use it! I can see why you'd give it a try though, it might be obvious I'd CA, so if you cut down the number of chances, less chance of a CA I suppose. They had the majority of possession, 60/40, which is not a great platform to build on for the Albumen it's got to be said.

First half and they stop both our reported chances, one a counter attack, 0-0 at halftime. Second half and we both missed a chance, before finally on 88' my winger broke through the middle and scored. That was that. 0-1 final score. Yay! Chances were 10-5, so I guess we had the rub of the green on this one. I see now why they get the ratings they do, 2xWTM and 2xDF. Not sure what I'll do when I play them at home in a three weeks, maybe if it ain't broke...

Still second in the league, on 15 points same as first, they won 1-4 against seventh, so are now out to +8 on me on goal diff, we play them away in the final game of the season. Many opportunities for it to go all Pete Tong for either of us before then, we both play the current third place away from home for starters.

Next week the first of the double headers (6 weeks in already? etc), we're at home to sixth, I should have the lion's share of possession, and everything else looks roughly equal. Whether it's best to PIC and try and scrape a win, or try and destroy their confidence for the second leg...a tricky conundrum as ever.

Gosh, actually sold a box fresh youth pull this week, 17y3d, solid winger and passable PM, £38k. Not much in the scheme of things, but at least he's off to ply his trade somewhere. Fingers crossed he gets trained well.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » April 23rd, 2019, 12:37 pm

The game against Poland on Friday was England's first loss in awhile and we lost 1-0. We had majority possession and they were playing 3-4-3 but it was our poor defence/attack ratings that really did the damage. No game this week to reduce injury risk, although our SP taker picked up a +1 at the weekend for his club. Someone stood on his magic foot...

Q2 starts 03 May. Not long now, with the other games on 6 & 10th May.

In England my Powerful £5m trainee popped to WC scoring, 3 weeks after he turned 19. He also has excellent playmaking, solid passing and weak wing. Just waiting for the quick lad to pop and then I'm switching to PM. The current England U20 manager beat me 6-0 on Sunday although it was still 0-0 after 40 minutes. So that's nil points after 6 matches GF4 GA37. All going according to plan (down the pan).

In Oceania, 2 weeks after I pulled and sold a solid/weak GK (passable leadership) age 17/0 for £612k, I pulled and sold a passable/inad GK age 17/0 for £32,667. Enough of the juggling GK training around for now, the other two won't sell for much if I fully trained them (too old), and I've a quick 15/53y/o kid with solid PM potential who probably will fetch a pretty penny age 17/0 so I'm on PM+ps for the coming weeks.

In the consolation Cup last week we went 4-4-2CA and despite getting 4xCA chances and a quick SE it was 0-0 after 120 minutes. We won 3-0 on penalties though so are through to face a III side next week. In the league we were in 3rd at home to 2nd. We went 4-4-2CA they went PC4-5-1. We had 3xCA chances in this one, 2 of which were free kicks, both converted by our magical SP taker. It finished 3-0 as we somehow converted a left side chance as well (with a 35% attack rating at the time). The win puts us up to 2nd, 6pts behind the leader who really have been flattered by their results so far. We've got the 8th placed team for the double header and they are actively managed (or rather 'were' - no log in since 20/03) and a bit unlucky to only have 3pts so far. Wing training is great, 3 pops last week...

In South Africa, my GK was promoted from YA and popped to inadequate set pieces two days later, as a result of having a Wednesday friendly. In the league I was okaying the team in 5th that has lost it's manager but until mid-season is still using a default line-up. I'd ordered another stadium upgrade in time for the game, up to 26k but it was pishing it down, and although all 3800 seats under roof were taken terraces and basic seats were 46-47% full. 89% in the VIP meant we banked £111.8k which takes funds up to a shade under £2m with a coach upgrade in week 11 likely to chew up most of that. We are running a weekly profit of £13k without a match so on 02 May my current staff (level 3 assistants and a medic) will be replaced with rolling level 5 contracts.

In the match itself we lost a popular/balanced/righteous forward on 34 to a straight red for a nasty head butt. Don't see that every day... He'd scored the opener and we were 3-1 up at the time, going on to win 4-1. The leaders won as well so remain a point ahead of us, and I'm 2pts clear of 3rd who will be my opponent in the double header. They don't look to be a pushover by any means... looks like they've been training playmaking as they can produce a fairly useful m/f, similar to my own home m/f ratings.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » April 24th, 2019, 11:23 am

League was a routine 10-0 win over a bot - played the reserves. Still in 1st place on 18 points, 2 points ahead of 2nd who I meet in the double header.

Won the consolation cup game 5-0, with some very nice ratings as I was at home with the first team being played.

Next week is going to be more difficult. I'm in prime position to get promotion this season, so I want to play my 1st team in the league. However my cup opponent looks beatable and I do kinda enjoy the cup run (albeit in a consolation cup). I want to keep training, so not prepared to put players in training positions twice in the same week.
So my cunning plan is to play the 1st team in the league with conditional orders to bring in some reserve players if winning easily. Then I can start my cup game with the reserves, and bring in the firepower later on in the game.

Never easy decisions eh?

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » April 29th, 2019, 8:15 am

So, the first of the back to back games was at home against the team in 7th. On paper it looked like a win, which it duly turned out to be, 3-0.

The away leg is not so easy, as injuries and red cards mean that we will have to scramble a team together.

Still, we remain in 4th, and the hope is we stay outside of the qualifier slots, as that would mean progress after two seasons of qualifiers.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » April 29th, 2019, 10:10 am

Eastheath wrote:So, the first of the back to back games was at home against the team in 7th. On paper it looked like a win, which it duly turned out to be, 3-0.

Making my life easier Eastheath...

So, the first of the back to back games was at home against the team in 6th. On paper it looked like a win, which it duly turned out to be, 3-0.

Only fly in the ointment was an injury to an IM, but his replacement is only marginally worse, so no real drama.

Starting to get slightly concerned about my form in front of goal, I don't know what it is, and it might just be a feeling, maybe caused by confidence never seeming to raise above strong, maybe just because I'm often reading the match report as live, so you're seeing some of the missed chances reported in full text, chances were 9-1, and we only convert 3? Hmmm. Though their defence v my attack was 50/50 so maybe that's fair enough. Like I say, just a feeling.

Halfway then? We're second on 18 points, first also on 18 points, and a goal diff of +7 on us. third and forth are both on 12 points, 5th on 9. Maybe too early to call a two horse race, but it's probably a two horse race.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » April 29th, 2019, 1:56 pm

No game for England on Friday, but we lost a solid form IM to injury +1 this weekend.

The key to Q2 for me is form. Here's the state on lay on that with one form update to come.

GK in squad - passable (dropped from solid) outside we have a 35y/o in excellent and he'd need to be stamina subbed by our next best (solid).

Wb one in squad in excellent form the other (our SP taker) is solid. There are 4 solid form options outside the squad.

CD Two quick SP takers in excellent form - we have no CDs in squad at the moment.

CD-CA one in excellent form.

IMs. Two in excellent form outside the squad. Two utopians in the squad in solid form (but one just got injured)

Fwd. One in the squad in solid form but his manager dropped stamina and he slipped to solid. One in excellent form. 8 solid form options.

Given the numbers of players I'm tracking, this equates to my saying, "The players will mostly be picking themselves", as we have a remarkable shortage of players in excellent form/stamina.

I may have to buy a walnut whip to place at the Monkey's altar on Wednesday night...

Away from the excitement and build up to the start of Q2, it was a relatively quiet mid-season at club level....

In England we lost 0-10. Switched to PM training, require a couple of levels to meet U20 training guidelines (although the way the U20 team is getting on (luckwise - we have none) they may well just push on through to NT as they may not be required next season.

In Oceania we had a cut & paste job..... So, the first of the back to back games was at home against the team in 8th. On paper it looked like a win, which it duly turned out to be, 3-0. The only fly in the ointment was an 85th minute injury to my English Wb trainee. He's +2 on his left thigh, and as he has the worst of the 4 's wing skill and the best of their defending skill, the plan is to switch to defender training next week, and return to wing training when he's fit again.

We were knocked out of the consolation Cup 3-0 in the week, so we can concentrate fully on the league. The leaders (6pts clear) were held to a 2-2 draw by the team in 4th while 3rd won and 6th beat 5th (4-3) to swap places, at least until next week. We stay 2nd, now 4pts behind the leader.

In South Africa, we had a tricky game. We were 2nd and away to 3rd. Due to injury/suspension I set up with 4-5-1 and we edged m/f (for the first 35 mins and then the first 30 of the 2nd half - losing ground because of stamina the 5% is beginning to take its toll) but they had the better odds to score with any chances they got. They had 7 of the 13 chances and won 3-1, although 2 of ours were unpred SEs woth one converted. We swapped places with them, and the leaders are now 4pts ahead of us. The opponent had a full house 12k turned up but they had no VIP seats. They'll be in for a shock on the return leg when they see our shiny freshly updated 26k ground with ample VIP seating.

Plenty of scouting to be getting on with this evening, as it is time to build a mini-database on the other teams players in our group.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » May 2nd, 2019, 8:40 am

Won the league game 5-0 on a PIC, though the score line is a little flattering. For the return away fixture I think I'll need to go PIN.
In 1st place, 5 points clear. The title's there for me to lose....

In the consolation cup, I was surprised to make it through another round, playing the reserves. 2-0.
Next week I'm against III opposition, but they also seem to be playing the reserves. Its 50:50.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » May 6th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Sexy Football was my undoing in the Conspirator Memorial Cup (thats the name of the team) who gave me a 7-0 drubbing (I blame my team injuries) but it has allowed me to concentrate on the league blah blah blah...
The return game in the league head to head went surprisingly well, we won 1-2 with a 3-4-3 CA strategy, and having lost midfield 55:45 and lost on chances 7-4, feel particularly smug to have achieved something.
We stay in 4th, with W5 L3 and a positive GD, having lost to the three above me and beaten the 4 below me. Looks like I don't do draws, but its not by design. Two of the four teams below are decent and can easily catch me, so I'm not out of the qualifier quagmire yet.
e

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » May 7th, 2019, 8:59 am

The return match in the league was away to seventh, no mugs, and I definitely thought I couldn't risk a PIC, and went with a standard 3-5-2, while they went for a 4-4-2 press. First half we scored an early goal, they missed a chance, and pressed away a chance, and then scored, 1-1 halftime, and we had possession by a sliver, 52:48%. Second half we both missed a chance, then we scored a penalty, and they equalised in the 84th minute. Then wonders will never cease, something happened in extra time! We scored! Another penalty. That season of set pieces training paying off handsomely! Final score 2-3. Phew! Chances were 5-4 to them too, so I think that's a slightly lucky break there, but I'll take it.

First place won another tight game 2-4, so we're both on W7 L1, 21 points, but there goal diff is +26 while mine is +18. Third are back on 15 points.

Next week we're at home to fifth, who were the ones that lost to first this week. They have a monster midfield, thanks to playing 2xWTM and 2xDF, which also means their attack ratings are dog dirt. A CA would be the obvious route here, might only get 42-45% possession but my defence v their attack will be more like 70/30. Worked for me last time, just. It's a bit obvious but just because it's obvious, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » May 7th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Won the league game 5-0 on a PIC, though the score line is a little flattering. For the return away fixture I think I'll need to go PIN.
In 1st place, 5 points clear. The title's there for me to lose....

I went PIN as planned, with a 532 formation. I was nervous going into the game, but lady luck smiled. After 17 minutes my opponent had a central defender off with a straight red card, when the score was still 0-0. By minute 31 we were 3-0 up and cruising. Conditional orders kicked in, and I brought on two future coaches for a little experience training. Final score 4-1.

Still 5 points clear with a bot next week.
50/50 if I'll make it through the George Carey cup game tonight.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » May 7th, 2019, 3:27 pm

On Friday England faced the 2nd highest hatstats rating on the opening day of Q1 and although we gave up a 2-0 lead, their second goal coming from a 35% (or 6%ish chance for conversion) central attack, but we did at least get a point.

At the weekend the NT squad had 2 injuries, necessitating 4 call ups to take the squad to an unwieldy 25 (still with only 5 defenders (need 7 min really in a squad of 26). I figured Luxembourg would MoTs us having PIN'd game 1 to beat Austria. They did. We set up well enough on a PIN, the replays suggested England to win 57% of the time, and Luxembourg to win 25%, but the ME had other ideas gifting them a 7-2 win, and leaving us needing to beat Austria on Friday (with a TS disadvantage) and for Iran to get no more than a point against a TS ravaged Luxembourg.

We have produced the 11th & 12th best ratings of the 32 teams left in the opening 2 rounds, so I'm pretty pleased with the progression, but there's not much we can do about chance distribution and conversion, and we are a long shot to progress now.

My English team lost 8-0, and the other two lost 1-0 and 0-1 to complete the bank holiday weekend to forget.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”