Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 71

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 71

Postby UncleIan » June 17th, 2019, 10:14 am

Donut102 wrote:Lessons Learnt

When I reflect back on the set up of my first team, I've done a few things differently:
- Specs on all new trainees
- Less worrried about starting skills on the trainees due to speed of training
- Gone straight to level 5 trainers

Any other thoughts I should consider?

I'd take a moment to congratulate yourself on remembering anything about setting up your first team! I know I don't!

Anyway, last week, and a desire to make sure I scored at least, and hope not to get tonked, to keep the fans happy over the season break. No chance of a 0-10 win away to first to take their place. ;)

We set up in a 4-5-1 CA, because I'd lose midfield, and I reckoned that was my best chance of scoring, and my defenders are in good form, while my strikers are not. We're mythical (17) at CA. First half and we missed a few chances, and they missed a few chances, and then well, I guess that's the danger with 4-5-1, your attack levels drop, and lo and behold, they get a counter attack, and score. Halftime score a respectable 1-0. Second half we couldn't hit a pigs [expletive deleted] with a banjo, five chances, all missed, they had one more chance, and also missed, for a 1-0 final score. Frankly that's a great result, a draw would have been very lucky, and a win would have been one of those mad fringe results.

If I had won (except for 0-10 or better), my opponent still would have auto-promoted.

We finish in second on 33 points, 11 wins, 3 losses. Our series was ranked 22 of 64.

My scorers definitely seem to have lost their scoring boots, not sure what to blame that on, but I'm sure they used to score for fun, maybe that was in the patch where I had the players to do the Bink WTM-IMTW trick. I had one player in the top 10 scorers, and a +23 goal diff, while first had 5 in the top ten and a +44 goal diff. Still, third was the only other one with a positive goal diff so maybe it was just an odd season like that.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » June 19th, 2019, 10:47 am

Hi Donut.

I'd suggest considering not upgrading to a solid coach, and focusing upon expanding the stadium.

I started my 3rd team in SA 2 seasons ago, and skipped the solid to go straight to an excellent coach, funded primarily by the sale of one trainee and the profits from crowd income.

I also went with lvl 3 assistants for 16 weeks, before upgrading to lvl 5s.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » June 19th, 2019, 1:58 pm

I'd suggest considering not upgrading to a solid coach, and focusing upon expanding the stadium.

I started my 3rd team in SA 2 seasons ago, and skipped the solid to go straight to an excellent coach, funded primarily by the sale of one trainee and the profits from crowd income.

Thats interesting!!
I was planning to expand the stadium incrementally as I add fans, and the increases should pay for themselves very quickly.

A Solid Trainer/ Inadequate leadership is £742k
With Weak Leadership £411k, and Poor £179k

I've put in a bid for Divine +1 experience Inadequate leadership player - if I can get him for say < £50k, he would cost £1,175k to convert to Excellent Coach - a £433k premium on the Solid coach, which seems worthwhile.
I'll have to keep him for a season before conversion - and as you say gate receipts and the profit from the sale of a trainee would more than cover the conversion cost.

As an alternative: I could upgrade to a Solid/ Poor for £179k and run him for ~2 seasons, and then convert the Excellent coach only with gate receipts.
This could avoid the need to sell a trainee, and I get slightly quicker training in the short term whilst I wait for the Excellent chap to finish his probationary period.
Thoughts?

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » June 20th, 2019, 12:05 pm

I'd be interested to know what that Divine+1 xp player sells for.

There's nothing wrong with the route you are proposing of course, and in SA I'm getting good results against bots in Div IV which rather pushes the need to make the most of the crowd income. I upgraded to 26k mid season and 3 home games were virtually sold out, so I've put in for another 50% increase in the off season to tale me to 39k.

I'm pretty pleased with that after 2 seasons, 39k stadium an excellent coach + a home grown 17y/o formidable GK in training under an excellent coach with max assistant coaches and a level 5 medic.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » June 20th, 2019, 4:03 pm

I'd be interested to know what that Divine+1 xp player sells for.

The bidding has surpassed my max bid of £50k....and I really cant justify spending anymore than that on him. I'll track the sale and let you know.

In the meantime I've bid on a permanently injured Magical experience for £2k.

Cost of converting Divine +1 is £1,125k vs £1,324k for Magical - a £200k premium. The question is do I pay that now or in 16 weeks time? On reflection I'd rather pay it later, not withstanding the fact that I only have £80k left right now....

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » June 20th, 2019, 11:38 pm

We lost our last game 0-1 annoyingly, but finished in 4th anyway. W7 D1 L6 and zero GD.
Our series is 12 out of 64, so I'm reasonably chuffed with how we did.

Well, next season will be upon us soon enough, need to buy in two/three players minimum to keep up the slow but steady momentum of progress.
Except they're expensive, aren't they!

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”