Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Tottenham defender Danny Rose says he "can't wait to see the back of football" and is frustrated at the lack of action

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Tottenham defender Danny Rose says he "can't wait to see the back of football" and is frustrated at the lack of action

Postby terminal7 » April 5th, 2019, 10:22 am

What a sad indictment of football - indeed of a wider malaise. However, I have never experienced any such problems at RU matches.

I was a fairly regular supporter of a London club but gave up a couple of years ago as I could no longer stomach the vile chanting - racist, homophobic etc. To see kids chanting and making lewd signs whilst sitting next to a responsible adult (I assume mainly their fathers) overwhelmed my enjoyment of the game. I did not have the 'bottle' to say anything and for that I took the coward's way out.

T7

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tottenham defender Danny Rose says he "can't wait to see the back of football" and is frustrated at the lack of acti

Postby simoan » April 5th, 2019, 10:36 am

terminal7 wrote:What a sad indictment of football - indeed of a wider malaise. However, I have never experienced any such problems at RU matches.

I was a fairly regular supporter of a London club but gave up a couple of years ago as I could no longer stomach the vile chanting - racist, homophobic etc. To see kids chanting and making lewd signs whilst sitting next to a responsible adult (I assume mainly their fathers) overwhelmed my enjoyment of the game. I did not have the 'bottle' to say anything and for that I took the coward's way out.

T7

Unfortunately, Danny Rose has a history of opening his mouth without engaging his brain but on this point it's difficult to argue with him. I think the best point he made is that Pochettino (Spurs manager) got a two game touchline ban by simply having some angry words with an incompetent referee at the end of the match where he didn't even swear. And yet for very obvious racial abuse of England players, all the Montenegro FA will get as punishment is likely to be a partial stadium closure. And that's a very small stadium they have. It's really quite pathetic how poor the football authorities are at handing out effective punishment for racist abuse.

However, there are Spurs fans who can't wait to see the back of Danny Rose either and they may only have to wait a few months...
All the best, Si

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tottenham defender Danny Rose says he "can't wait to see the back of football" and is frustrated at the lack of acti

Postby Leothebear » April 5th, 2019, 3:30 pm

"The left-back said: "When countries get fined what I probably spend on a night out in London what do you expect?""

While I agree with the point he was making it's probably not the best illustration if he wanted to elicit empathy.

Leo

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » April 5th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Yes, I read that and thought "arrogant little twit" (whilst also agreeing with his general point)

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » April 5th, 2019, 9:29 pm

AleisterCrowley wrote:Yes, I read that and thought "arrogant little twit" (whilst also agreeing with his general point)

Discussed the same point with Mrs SDH and she said, wisely I think, that he would have to pay for a dozen or more hangers on. And in the spirit of charity, I take his words to be figurative rather than literal.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”