Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Thr Womens World Cup

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: The Womens World Cup

Postby PinkDalek » June 14th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Looks like they avoided an English scudding. Watching them v Japan now. Excellent save from the Scottish keeper a little while back. Not often you’d read that.

I shan’t mention the score, as not all might be watching live.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Re: Thr Womens World Cup

Postby Stan » June 17th, 2019, 9:09 am

Busy at the moment so only watched my first match last night, the last 60 minutes of the Chile v Yanks game and must say I thought it was a very competitive and enjoyable game to watch so will be watching more.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » July 7th, 2019, 11:49 pm

The Yanks win the World Cup again and rightly so from what I’ve seen, with their left winger there Jewel in their crown over the tournament.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » July 8th, 2019, 10:09 am

Snorvey wrote:The football hasn't been bad. It's certainly been better than my usual benchmark of the Scottish Premier League.

I think you're being very polite. Unusually for you. :P

Certainly the standard of football is a lot better than it was 4 years ago but early promise in this tournament was overtaken by the fact that there is only one really good team in the tournament and that is the USA.

Watching two bad football teams play against each other can be entertaining, and it can make it seem that they are better than they really are.

And then you get Netherlands vs Sweden - in the Semi Final! Good god. Having one poor team in a Semi Final could be seen as bad luck but having two just reinforces my view that the standard isn't good enough yet.

But this could all just be sour grapes because i'm a not big fan of the States and their posturing players . . .

HYD

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”