Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Joe Marler - what a way to finish an international career

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Joe Marler - what a way to finish an international career

Postby terminal7 » March 10th, 2020, 10:13 am

Why oh why? Eddie Jones brutish philosophy brought blatantly to the pitch?

Such a gross attempt to incite retaliation - if Jones whacks him - Marler 10 mins in bin with yellow Jones off with red.

Difficult to see how any mitigation will come into play with this citing.

T7

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Re: Joe Marler - what a way to finish an international career

Postby SalvorHardin » March 10th, 2020, 10:43 am

England fans often ask why fans of other countries will support whoever's playing England. Asides from the insitutional arrogance of the RFU, it's actions like we've seen in the last few weeks. Also that your coach is a scumbag.

England are getting as bad as the All Blacks for institutionalised cheating. England's backs spent so much time offside in the Welsh line on Saturday when we were moving the ball that they should have been wearing a Welsh shirt.

Eddie Jones routinely calls for opposition players to be attacked, such as recently saying that France will face "absolute brutality" from England. Or his regular jibes about Johnny Sexton. Calling Wales "a shitty little place" or "scummy Irish" is par for the course.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/rugby-union/43409476

Saying there was nothing wrong about Tuilagi's red card last weekend is yet another example.

Hopefully Marler will be prosecuted and put on the Sex Offenders list.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » March 10th, 2020, 10:59 am

There is no mitigation. Personally I think its been blown out of all proprtion, but nevertheless that is it for JM I suspect.

Im more intrigued wrt the farce that has become the "contact with head with force" scenario. How MT is a RC (and FTR Ive no issue with the result as per pubished guidelines which I am also informed from ref chums has NO mitigation available in the 6N), Lawes is a citing but Parks isnt defeats me. And this isn't either ... well..

https://youtu.be/un2dDpJD6xg?t=4990

didds

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » March 10th, 2020, 11:39 am

If Marler goes on the sex offenders register for that, then wpoe betide anybody having a pee behind a tree because there isnt a public toilet anywhere available.

MT's RC was a RC all day long under the guidleines (no mitigation in the 6N available). I expect lawes similarly to be done under citing.

That deosnt explain why Hadleigh parkes managed an (accidental I fully accept) head high hit with contact but no sanction/citing, nort the scottish player I linked to above.

Asd for constant offsides - I hear you! its kiiling the game. But you have to then seriously query why a team of four (ref + 2 x AR + TMO ) are not calling them (or at least calling advnatage and advantage over).

Something is very rotten in the state of WorldRugby.

And of ourse take away the pointless media interviews and pst match press conference and you remove the blatherings of the likes of EJ. So why dont they?

didds

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » March 10th, 2020, 11:54 am

Not just offside; lineout throws being taken in line with the receiving team instead of from the linesman position; a crooked throw being penalised so the resultant scrum feed can be made at 45°, no arms tackles not being penalised enough. Rant over.

JM was cynical in the extreme and deserves a strict sanction; Jones is just a horrible bloke and rugby is starting to bore me.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » March 10th, 2020, 1:25 pm

EssDeeAitch wrote:Not just offside; lineout throws being taken in line with the receiving team instead of from the linesman position; a crooked throw being penalised so the resultant scrum feed can be made at 45°, no arms tackles not being penalised enough. Rant over.

JM was cynical in the extreme and deserves a strict sanction; Jones is just a horrible bloke and rugby is starting to bore me.

all of the above... though wrt the throw in not on the line of touch if the officials don't prevent the opposing team from lining up on the line of touch then im not suprised the thrower takes a step downfield to then at least throw down the middle of the lineout.

Watch the opening few lineouts of Scotland v France at the weekend for this.

eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un2dDpJ ... .be&t=1315

the French hooker tries to steal some ground and is waved back and spoken to by the ref. He stands on the LoT but the rear players of the scots lineout are now all on the LoT themselves so he then steps to the left to throw down the middle. His step and the scots misalignment are not dealt with then!

didds

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » March 12th, 2020, 10:21 am

Well a few years ago RU was tempting me away from footie but no longer. I hate the way England play. RU has also become far too xenophobic.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » March 13th, 2020, 10:16 am

So JM given 10 weeks suspension. Understand 12 weeks is minimum by rule book but some mitigation allowed (contrition???).

Compared to three weeks for the Italian puncher appears a bit strange. Of course the Italian did get a red card and this probably influenced the result whilst Marler got away with it and stayed on the field.

T7

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”