Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Would you pay?

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.

Would you pay?

Poll ended at May 31st, 2020, 8:13 am

Yes
8%
No
92%
Depends on who's playing
No votes

Total votes: 24

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Would you pay?

Postby Leothebear » May 1st, 2020, 8:13 am

If Sky or whoever starts broadcasting live football from empty stadia, would you pay to watch?

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Would you pay?

Postby Arborbridge » May 1st, 2020, 8:28 am

Leothebear wrote:If Sky or whoever starts broadcasting live football from empty stadia, would you pay to watch?

Your survey might be invalid because it will include grumpy old men like men who wouldn't pay for Sky anyway. I get all the TV I need on Freeview: in fact 95% from BBC. I need no more. Oh, and I don't watch men's football anyway as I don't need to see a bunch of overpaid drama queens. Only occasionally do I watch football these days, and only the women's game.

Needless to say, I voted "no".

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » May 1st, 2020, 9:32 am

Arborbridge wrote:
Leothebear wrote:If Sky or whoever starts broadcasting live football from empty stadia, would you pay to watch?

Your survey might be invalid because it will include grumpy old men like men who wouldn't pay for Sky anyway. I get all the TV I need on Freeview: in fact 95% from BBC. I need no more. Oh, and I don't watch men's football anyway as I don't need to see a bunch of overpaid drama queens. Only occasionally do I watch football these days, and only the women's game.

It was a pretty good rant until the emboldened bit.

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory! :)

HYD

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » May 1st, 2020, 11:13 am

Howyoudoin wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

It was a pretty good rant until the emboldened bit.

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory! :)

HYD

Sorry, I don't get you. Where is the "defeat"? you've seen.

Arb.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » May 1st, 2020, 3:16 pm

Snorvey wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

Yawnarama.

Ah! So is this some criticism of the women's game I've stumbled across with you two? They may no have the obvious strengths of men, but at least they play a flowing game which is good to watch and if there is a foul (and they are far rarer) they just get on with it, by and large. No play acting and senseless gurning.

My fear is that this purer branch of the sport is becoming contaminated over the years, and it will only get worse as more money comes into it. I've noticed an increase in professional or dodgy fouls in the past year or two which is definitely not what I want to see.

Each to his own, but men's football has become so rotten is it a disgrace, and so are many of the men who play it.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » May 1st, 2020, 4:46 pm

Snorvey wrote:No, it was just the typical whine about paying for Sky

I get all the TV I need on Freeview: in fact 95% from BBC

The bit worth paying extra for is the 5%

I pay the BBC sionist liberal ah-gendard fakery yet get 95% of my viewing free from the governemnts control. God bless amazon and netflix

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » May 1st, 2020, 11:46 pm

I pay the BBC sionist liberal ah-gendard fakery yet get 95% of my viewing free from the governemnts control. God bless amazon and netflix

I think you'll find the Conservative Gov't hates the BBC as much as you do. That's if I understand your poorly spelt post correctly.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » August 19th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Why the PL have not used technology to allow clubs to rent out games to people who can’t realistically get to games Is baffling, by just allowing satellite companies to broadcast “some games” is missing a revenue stream that is not currently here.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”