Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Boris in trouble again

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
XFool
The full Lemon

Boris in trouble again

Postby XFool » October 22nd, 2020, 4:07 pm

Boris Becker accused of hiding tennis trophies during bankruptcy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-becker-accused-of-hiding-tennis-trophies-during-bankruptcy/ar-BB1aigoB

"Boris Becker has been charged with concealing trophies and medals won during his illustrious tennis career, including two from his three Wimbledon singles victories, from bankruptcy trustees."

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Boris in trouble again

Postby Lootman » October 22nd, 2020, 4:54 pm

I see this was in a London court although I would have thought it was German bankruptcy law that applied to him, at least unless he now lives in the UK (no idea).

US bankruptcy laws allows for a "wild card exemption". This is an interesting and compassionate wrinkle to the law that allows you to designate things of personal value that are then rendered immune from seizure by the creditors. I would have thought that such an exemption would apply to something like a trophy, which may not be worth much if melted down into silver or whatever, but has a lot of personal and sentimental value to the owner.

It might also cover family heirlooms and other items where the personal value greatly exceeds the monetary value.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 22nd, 2020, 5:11 pm

It does seem a shame he cannot hang on to his trophies. Though I imagine they would have more than intrinsic value if sold, bearing in mind who he is.

(I have to confess to being a shareholder of the bank that made him bankrupt.)

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » October 22nd, 2020, 8:57 pm

XFool wrote:Boris Becker accused of hiding tennis trophies during bankruptcy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-becker-accused-of-hiding-tennis-trophies-during-bankruptcy/ar-BB1aigoB

"Boris Becker has been charged with concealing trophies and medals won during his illustrious tennis career, including two from his three Wimbledon singles victories, from bankruptcy trustees."

Reading the link above he sounds a right villain so he deserves all he gets.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » October 23rd, 2020, 2:02 pm

"Um Himmels Willen, I only popped my little treasures into ze broom cupboard for fife seconds, and now look at ze conseqvences." (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/peop ... 07727.html)

Agree with Lootman, though. Anyone who's suffered the indignity of going from cold to a public paternity suit in five seconds flat - less time than a rodeo (8 seconds) - deserves some sort of sympathy. The man is plainly a world class pillock, and there isn't that much to be gained from stripping him of all his remaining pride.

BJ

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”