Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Strange

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Strange

Postby Leothebear » October 23rd, 2020, 10:57 pm

Villa 0-3 Leeds

after Villa 7-2 Liverpool

Some weird results in the PL.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Strange

Postby Lootman » October 23rd, 2020, 11:11 pm

My best buddy is a Leeds fan and he hates Bamford. But what can you say?

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » October 24th, 2020, 11:48 am

Leothebear wrote:Villa 0-3 Leeds

Some weird results in the PL.

Very true, I wonder how Liverpool will get on now without their influential injured CH?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » October 24th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Leothebear wrote:
Villa 0-3 Leeds

I think I missed that Villa / Liverpool match. I must have had something on*...

Anyhow, given that Liverpool have already beaten Leeds 4-3 themselves this season, that result and the above results-combination of course (as every true football fan knows..) means that the Villa/Liverpool result doesn't actually count, although I think there's a technicality somewhere in the League rules that means it has to be 'recorded' as a result in the official log...

Stan wrote:
Very true, I wonder how Liverpool will get on now without their influential injured CH?

I think they'll do OK.

Anyone who saw the 0-0 last year against Bayern at Anfield will know the great job Fabinho can do in that back line, and that was also reflected the other night at the Ajax game, where Fabinho walked away with the man-on-the-match award after another fantastic defensive performance, and whilst I expect to see the Liverpool ultra-high-line being played less frequently for the rest of the season, I think the panic amongst some Liverpool fans regarding VVD's injury is being overblown a little, to be honest. Of course we'll miss him - show me a team that wouldn't - but Liverpool will be there or there-abouts at the end of the season whilst he's recovering from his terrible injury..

With that said, we're really on tenterhooks until January in terms of any more depth of cover for central defenders, so we need the fitness of Matip and Gomez to stand up a little more than it has recently, and we might really begin to struggle a little if anyone else gets injured between now and the January transfer window, when I expect Klopp to address the cover issue that he's left himself with after letting Lovren go so recently...

Of more importance, I think, is the imminent return of Allison, as I think he gives the whole back line such a massive boost of confidence no matter who's actually in there at any given time...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

* Villa were simply brilliant, of course, and whilst I'll jokingly dismiss the result here, doing so does some real disservice to Villa and their fans, who can rightly be very proud of everything they did in that game...

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 24th, 2020, 12:34 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:With that said, we're really on tenterhooks until January in terms of any more cover for central defenders, so we need the fitness of Matip and Gomez to stand up a little more than it has recently, and we might really begin to struggle a little if anyone else gets injured between now and the January transfer window...

Itsallaguess

Perhaps Big Ron Yeats can be tempted out of retirement

--kiloran

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » November 3rd, 2020, 9:24 am

Leeds 1 - 4 Leicester

Another surprise given the glowing reports Leeds have had. Leicester now looking as good as anyone in the PL.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”