Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

PL players who don't care

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

PL players who don't care

Postby Leothebear » January 6th, 2021, 11:22 pm

Players who with a tiny clue on investment know they'll be rich for the rest of their days.

Prime example Ozil. Sitting back and getting £10,000 per hour - assuming a 35hr week (they do less).
Several others happy not to play but to see out ludicrously generous contracts.

Isn't it time PRP was introduced for footballers?

dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: PL players who don't care

Postby dealtn » January 7th, 2021, 11:26 am

Leothebear wrote:

Presumably that refers to "Performance Related Pay". In which case what makes you think it hasn't been introduced?

Over half of the player's in my team where I am responsible for the contracts have PRP (and most of what I would describe as the senior players).

(What hours do you think players do too? I suspect your thinking is equally wayward.)

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » January 10th, 2021, 8:58 am

dealtn wrote:
Leothebear wrote:

Presumably that refers to "Performance Related Pay". In which case what makes you think it hasn't been introduced?

Over half of the player's in my team where I am responsible for the contracts have PRP (and most of what I would describe as the senior players).

(What hours do you think players do too? I suspect your thinking is equally wayward.)

I apologise - I didn't know you managed a PL team. In which case I bow to your superior knowledge.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » January 10th, 2021, 10:55 am

Leothebear wrote:
dealtn wrote:
Leothebear wrote:

I apologise - I didn't know you managed a PL team. In which case I bow to your superior knowledge.

Apology accepted, although I am not what many would consider to be a Manager, were they to hear that term with respect to football. I am a Club Secretary, which amongst other things means I am responsible for the paperwork of player contracts and the interaction between players, manager, club, the league, FA etc. as well as dealings with PFA, FIFA, UEFA etc.

Our Club is yet to play in the Premier League, but we are ambitious. The higher the league, generally speaking, the more complicated the contracts, and more likely to have elements of performance reflected within it.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » January 10th, 2021, 3:29 pm

I suppose it depends on the contract. Normally X a week for Y years etc

As the buying club want to attract the player there are incentives to join. Probably extras for games played, goals etc Plus they tend to overpay in the first place.

You mention Ozil and I see several "[expletive deleted] fans" mentioning the "lazy Ozil" comments etc but it can work both ways. The manager buys another player and someone gets moved down the pecking order and isnt able to earn what he expected cos he not playing but want to.

There are several players, that with hindsight seem to be over earning for the end product they return or no longer needed Sanchez and Bale are other examples Ive seen mentioned.

It is probably the clubs fault mixed with increased player power and agents. I dont know how you fix it unless you can persuade someone else to offer that player an even better deal.

I suspect there are players in the £100 a week bracket get placed into the same category, that its £99 a week too much!

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » January 10th, 2021, 5:10 pm

Leothebear wrote:Players who with a tiny clue on investment know they'll be rich for the rest of their days.

Prime example Ozil. Sitting back and getting £10,000 per hour - assuming a 35hr week (they do less).
Several others happy not to play but to see out ludicrously generous contracts.

I'm not sure Ozil is a good example to use. I believe he wants to play and it is my understanding he gives money to charities. He even paid the wages of the club mascot Goonersaurus when [expletive deleted] made him redundant during the first lockdown. There is much more to Ozil's situation at [expletive deleted] than meets the eye. It's not about his football ability but more to do with his politics (being photographed with Erdogan), open support of the Uighur Muslins and his public admonition of the Chinese authorities abuse of them. Not great for Gooner shirt sales in that huge Chinese market..

All the best, Si

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » January 10th, 2021, 10:10 pm

So Ozil DOES care and he fully deserves earning £350,000 a week.

You heard it here folks!

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » January 10th, 2021, 10:10 pm

So Ozil DOES care and he fully deserves earning £350,000 a week.

You heard it here folks!

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » January 10th, 2021, 10:35 pm

Leothebear wrote:So Ozil DOES care and he fully deserves earning £350,000 a week.

You heard it here folks!

Who said that? I have no idea whether he cares about [expletive deleted] FC but you don't know he doesn't want to play either. Making a player train with the Under 23's and not giving him a shirt number when he's one of your best players is not his fault. I expect a lot of the other players are not happy at his treatment which is probably a factor in their terrible performances this season. I'm a Spurs fan, so if he's robbing them of £350k pw that's fine by me :)

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”