Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Mourinho

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Mourinho

Postby redsturgeon » February 2nd, 2017, 8:48 am

Wow he looks like a worried man in this interview. Has he lost it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38835923

John

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Mourinho

Postby Clitheroekid » February 2nd, 2017, 10:39 pm

Although I'm naturally pleased to see MU struggling (it's an unfortunately all too familiar sensation at present) I do feel some sympathy for him personally.

MU just look so lacklustre at present - it seems like an epidemic amongst the top 6, with the irritating exception of Chelsea - and he must be wondering what he has to do to get some life into them.

I suspect there's also a significant personal element, in that he's apparently living in a hotel in Manchester, his family having declined to move north, so all in all it must be a pretty miserable existence. Yes, he may be getting paid zillions, but he's used to that, and if he's personally fed up the money wouldn't provide any consolation at all.

He also feels that the officials and media treat him badly compared to the other top 6 managers, particularly Klopp. Whether he's right or wrong the feeling seems genuine, so all in all he's a pretty unhappy bunny, and that's bound to filter through to the team.

Bigfoot111

Re: Mourinho

Postby Bigfoot111 » February 3rd, 2017, 10:03 am

Full Disclosure: I'm a Man Utd Season Ticket holder.

I don't fully buy in to the 'lacklustre' label. This season our performances have, by and large, been so much better than the last 3 years and people have been looking forward to matches again. There have been several home games, especially in the autumn and again on Wednesday night where our performance deserved a win but we couldn't do it. We have been creating lots of chances, c35 shots against Burnley, but a combination of poor finishing on our part and some inspired goal-keeping have denied us victory on several occasions. So the fans are frustrated that we are not higher in the league. That said I think that our performances have dipped in the last week (3 matches). That is in part, imho, due to the number of matches we are playing and the inevitable juggling of the squad that the manager has to do in order to prevent burn out (This is not a moan, we do have a strong squad, just a statement of fact that a relatively stable team e.g. Chelsea will perform better than one where the manager is making a large number of changes.)

As far as Mourinho is concerned, yes he is a prima donna. He was never my first choice but we have got him and by and large he is doing a good job with the team. Some of his post match interviews and histrionics are disgraceful. Compare him with say Sean Dyche and what happened to Burnley v [expletive deleted] earlier in the season or Eddie Howe.

I think it is a concern that he has not moved to the north west and that will affect him and the way players see him. However I don't read too much into how he looks in post match interviews. I reckon he decides on what persona to adopt before the interview starts in order to get his message across. Sometimes it works, sometimes he makes himself look like an idiot.

As regards how the media treat him compared with the other top 6 managers, there is probably something in that however some of it is self inflicted. Saint Jurgen gets a good press because he interviews well and post match is usually pretty gracious in defeat. He learnt how to do that in the last few weeks :-) That's why he has got away with his antics with the fourth official the other night. Had that been Mourinho he would have been castigated widely. You reap what you sow.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”