Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

What a thriller!

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

What a thriller!

Postby Leothebear » October 13th, 2023, 8:46 pm

Just a friendly but it's England against the Aussies so you just know it'll be hard fought.
No shots on target but some of the best back passing I've seen in all my years as a footie fan. Grealish having a blinder beating his man time and time again and getting the ball safely back into the English half.

The Aussies are a class side and have demonstrated their own back passing skills. I thought their goalie backpassing a free kick was a first for me.

The Wembley crowd must be convinced the ticket price is their best bargain ever and must be relishing the next 45 minutes.

This is real entertainment.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Re: What a thriller!

Postby Leothebear » October 13th, 2023, 9:42 pm

A classic indeed.

WTF!

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 13th, 2023, 9:50 pm

Could be worse....I'm watching "The Good Ship Murder" on the other side. I think an evening of watching back passes might edge it!

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » October 14th, 2023, 9:37 am

Leothebear wrote:A classic indeed.

WTF!

Surprised anyone would watch it. Australia have the equivalent of a lower half Championship team and England put out a team of 11 strangers almost definitely onto a loser as the battling Aussies make them look a bunch of dullards. At least at home you have the choice to do something more interesting, I feel sorry for those that paid good money to sit in the rain to watch what was almost guaranteed to be a rubbish game.

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » October 14th, 2023, 10:01 am

simoan wrote:
Leothebear wrote:A classic indeed.

WTF!

Surprised anyone would watch it. Australia have the equivalent of a lower half Championship team and England put out a team of 11 strangers almost definitely onto a loser as the battling Aussies make them look a bunch of dullards. At least at home you have the choice to do something more interesting, I feel sorry for those that paid good money to sit in the rain to watch what was almost guaranteed to be a rubbish game.

You're quite right of course. I should have known better.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”