Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Liverpool V Palace.

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Liverpool V Palace.

Postby Leothebear » April 14th, 2024, 4:44 pm

This fixture has thrown up some spectacular results over the years, mostly in Liverpools favour - a 9-0 back in the 80s springs to mind. Just occasionally though Palace throw a spanner in the Reds' works. Today was one of those infrequent days.

Palace had Michael Olise back and all of a sudden Palace had the skill and energy to compete, in what what Palace fans, to a man, thought was a lost cause. A vital win for them, keeping their heads above the relegation zone waterline and near safety.

All is not lost for Liverpool, but they're third favourites now.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Liverpool V Palace.

Postby simoan » April 14th, 2024, 5:09 pm

Leothebear wrote:This fixture has thrown up some spectacular results over the years, mostly in Liverpools favour - a 9-0 back in the 80s springs to mind. Just occasionally though Palace throw a spanner in the Reds' works. Today was one of those infrequent days.

Palace had Michael Olise back and all of a sudden Palace had the skill and energy to compete, in what what Palace fans, to a man, thought was a lost cause. A vital win for them, keeping their heads above the relegation zone waterline and near safety.

When Klopp announced he was leaving mid-season it seemed a massive error to me at the time. Liverpool have done well to keep up with some bad injuries along the way but it seems to me having a watched a few of their games recently, that some of their players have already left the building. I suspect Klopp won’t be the only big name leaving this summer. Well done to Palace today all the same. In Eze and Olise they have two of the best young creative midfielders in the league.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Liverpool V Palace.

Postby Lootman » April 14th, 2024, 5:45 pm

simoan wrote:
Leothebear wrote:This fixture has thrown up some spectacular results over the years, mostly in Liverpools favour - a 9-0 back in the 80s springs to mind. Just occasionally though Palace throw a spanner in the Reds' works. Today was one of those infrequent days.

When Klopp announced he was leaving mid-season it seemed a massive error to me at the time. Liverpool have done well to keep up with some bad injuries along the way but it seems to me having a watched a few of their games recently, that some of their players have already left the building. I suspect Klopp won’t be the only big name leaving this summer. Well done to Palace today all the same. In Eze and Olise they have two of the best young creative midfielders in the league.

That is a good point. This last week in particular has been dire as Liverpool has thrown away its "favourite" status in the PL and the Europa Cup, by losing at home to inferior teams.

As such winning the League Cup and qualifying for the Champions League now looks to be about as good as it can get. A week is a long time in football.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”