Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
didds
Lemon Half

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....

Postby didds » May 27th, 2018, 9:43 am

... and is still there with the final day to come...

didds

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » May 29th, 2018, 10:32 am

I only had the time and the channels for the highlights on freeview, Quest. Slightly obscure but owned by euroSport. It's been rightly entertaining for the last three weeks watching Simon Yates attack, attack, and attack a bit more. I hope he'll not be too downhearted to have eventually emptied the tank and disappeared from the leaderboard, lost an hour and 15 minutes in two stages, that was ugly when he was finally cracked, still, wearing the pink jersey for weeks on end is not something most cyclists manage. Anyway, Froome, that stage on Friday, absolutely extraordinary, clearly the plan from what I saw on the highlights, team sky forcing and forcing the pace until everyone else were on their knees and off goes Froome with 80km to go. I don't recall anyone near the top of the standings trying a long one for years, not and it paying off anyway. Amazing that he just kept gaining time on his rivals all the way to the line. Risky but I guess it was the last throw of the dice really, no other way of gaining three or four minutes on everyone else.

Chapeau.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 29th, 2018, 1:48 pm

There's also a thread over at Cycling, if of any interest:

viewtopic.php?p=141855#p141855

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”