Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The Hattrick Season 66 Thread

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Re: The Hattrick Season 66 Thread

Postby Donut102 » November 27th, 2017, 10:14 am

Lost 7-0 as expected.
I'm in 6th, playing 7th next week. A win gives me a Qualifier, so all out for MOTS. Opponent seems to play some bizarre tactics, week in week out. Their strongest attack is down the middle, but always play AOW. I cant stop their central attack, but can stop the wing attacks. Looks like 253 with 2 x WBD, and one WD to give a little boost on one side. The other WTM should give me dominance in possession, and 3 x FN and AIM to wrap it up.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » November 27th, 2017, 12:29 pm

I was away to last season's Champions. They'd put up a divine away m/f last week, and I had no idea what sort of home m/f I'd be facing on the back of that, so set up with a TI dropped TS boost and useful attack ratings in case they had decided to CA. I had just under 50% and they had 2/3rds of the chances, but given my 2 man defence comprised a normal wing-back+ offensive CD lined up against their strongest line of defence (their attack % vs my defence was 54-64-61) I had a luckier roll with chance conversion as they botched 4 of their 6, and we botched one of our 3.

A 2-2 draw was enough to hand the title to the LS monsters who were also held to a draw. Had I managed to get another goal to win yesterday, I'd have then needed to turn over a -12GD to the new Champions as well as them losing in the final week... It was never really on, they've smashed it this season.

During the week I sold two old CDs and bought a Tech IM. This is the first signing I've made linked to the change in SE rules, and it was heavily influenced by the number of head spec IMs and defenders my Prem opponents play in midfield under the current rules.I'm wary of the weather disadvantage so also want to pick up a defensive powerful IMD/CDO, that is if I can raise enough pennies selling off a couple of old sympathetic players this time next week...

The team I beat in the Cup final is being promoted to the Prem, and this means I'd expect to finish outside the top 4 next season, with my ageing squad. I've got to make the best of it if I can, and I'd prefer to make some sort of effort to win a game in the Masters, so low stamina training will have to wait at least until I'm out of next season's competitions.

I'm still in 2nd after the draw, albeit 1pt ahead of 4th, so a win next week would secure the best finish I've ever had, and as 3rd vs 4th are playing each other, even if I lose, I'll be certain to at least match my previous best Prem finish (3rd).

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » December 1st, 2017, 12:34 am

In 3rd, home to 4th, came away with a 3-2 win having led 3-0 at one stage.
Stay in 3rd, a point behind 2nd and 5 pts behind 1st.
Final game is away to 5th, who may try to avoid a qualifier and catch 4th with a MOTS, which could be dangerous for us. But then we can go MOTS too, as there's nothing at stake for us.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » December 4th, 2017, 9:40 am

So, yesterday was the last match of the season, and I went at it all guns blazing setting my 2nd highest ever hatstats rating (541). My opponent was on a CA to prep for a qualification game, and took a 6-0 battering which probably won't do his TC much good.

Having sold a couple of CDs and not yet replaced them, I was using 2-5-3 with one DF who had to be stamina subbed on 60 minutes, 1xOCD and a normal wing-back along with the usual 2xWTM+2xIMTW combination, so my attack ratings were magical-divine with a high mythical m/f. I had 11 of the 12 chances.

The win ensured I kept a hold of 2nd place to record my best ever finish in the English Premiership, 2nd. The last time I was in the Prem I managed a 3rd, also with 27pts, but I'm satisfied that I still have some unfinished business to attend to to maintain my interest over the next rebuild.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » December 4th, 2017, 10:07 am

That's that then. Another season done for me. Ended the season with a tough away match to 3rd. I had the slimmest of edges of possession, my attack was slightly better than their defence, and my defence v their attack was 50/50. Ended up as a 3-3 draw. If I'd have looked at previous matches properly, I'd have seen they play 2-5-3 with no CDs, so a 2-5-3 AIM for me might have been better, who knows. Still, fans thought they had the edge, so are more than happy with me putting 3 past them. Had no effect on the league, 1st had a comfy win and finishes 5 points ahead, and 3 points above the autopromotion line, 3rd finish 9 points behind me. At the other end of the table, one team had one chance v 8 chances to the home team, and won 0-1, sneaking up to 6th place and autorelegating a team that on average stats should have come 3rd. Ouch! In the end only five points separated 4th to 8th.

Overall happy with the season, lost only twice, but that was to the league leaders who were a class apart, slightly odd that me and 1st were the only teams with a positive goal difference. Hopefully I haven't decimated my midfield too much and we will still be competitive next season. Money is more than okay, £9m in the bank, but I will need to do a bit of shopping at some point with my defence and forwards starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » December 4th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Lost 1-0 to finish 7th and auto demoted back to V. Ho hum. Probably deserved, all things considered, but maybe with benefit of hindsight I might have been able to snatch a draw to take 6th place.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » December 9th, 2017, 3:26 pm

An annoying 1-1 draw away to 5th means that I finished 3rd on 30 pts, with a W9 D3 L2 record. I lost away to 1st and 2nd, which alongside away draws against 4th and 5th did me in this season, in what was a relatively tough series V (ranked 72 out of 256).
Hopefully 1st will win his qualifier and promote, to give us a better chance next season. Am spending far too long in series V this time round, but with less than £1m in the bank, it may be tough to rejuvenate the team for a stronger challenge next season...

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”