Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Is there ANY football team ...

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Is there ANY football team ...

Postby Clitheroekid » November 22nd, 2017, 8:38 pm

... as frustrating to support as LIverpool?! :roll:

I watched the match last night and was left chewing the carpet in frustration at them throwing away a brilliant 3-0 lead - although objectively a reasonable result that I'd have settled for before the game I felt like they'd lost 3-0 at the end. They basically just stopped playing in the second half, and Moreno had - not for the first time - clearly forgotten which team he was playing for.

My already high blood pressure was sent into hypertensive crisis by the fact that I was watching it on a stream that was rubbish and kept buffering, so that I missed all three Liverpool goals AND the penalty. And even worse, when I finally gave up waiting and refreshed the stream I had to sit gnashing my teeth for 30 seconds while an advert played out.

Roll on Spartak Moscow! ;)

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: Is there ANY football team ...

Postby moorfield » November 22nd, 2017, 10:11 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:... as frustrating to support as LIverpool?! :roll:

Everton. :oops: :cry:

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » November 22nd, 2017, 11:14 pm

Didn't the same thing happen a few years ago when LFC were in the title race, were 3-0 ahead at Crystal Palace, and ended up drawing 3-3?

More generally I often claim to notice that LFC play better in the first half than the second. Perhaps this is a result of their high energy style, which cannot be maintained for 90 minutes? Or perhaps it is about a lack of depth in the squad, meaning that the subs aren't as good.

I knew Moreno would screw up. There was an article a couple of days ago in (I think) The Guardian that featured him and how he has improved so much and learned how to defend. Jinxed him for sure. He's just not good enough.

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Postby BrummieDave » November 23rd, 2017, 7:02 pm

The game was a beautiful embodiment of Liverpool's last two seasons, neatly compressed into 90 minutes.

It was equally all the objective evidence required to conclude that Klopp is not the messiah.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 23rd, 2017, 8:20 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:
... as frustrating to support as LIverpool?!

But CK, is there a more enjoyable team to watch when they are playing in the sort of form that got them the 3-0 lead in that first half?

I've not enjoyed watching a forward line up like this since the Suarez/Sterling/Sturridge days of yore, and we nearly won the league with them running riot across the front line!

Watching Mane/Salah/Firminho/Coutinho at the moment is just scintillating at times, and whilst the Liverpool-fan rollercoaster is clearly still alive and kicking, as could be seen from the really frustrating second-half display the other night, the last time I looked we were top of our Champions League group with one home game against Spartak Moscow to play.... I'll not be sending my scarf back just yet!

Let's not forget the type of football they're playing up the East Lancs Road CK, I think there's plenty of fans would kill to watch some of the football being played at Liverpool at the moment....

Chin up!

:O)

Itsallaguess

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » November 23rd, 2017, 8:42 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:But CK, is there a more enjoyable team to watch when they are playing in the sort of form that got them the 3-0 lead in that first half?

No, you're right, at their best they're as good as I've ever seen them, but it would be great to be able to just relax and think `this one's in the bag', which is virtually impossible with Liverpool.

But I think, paradoxically, it's their unpredictability and volatility that makes them such a great team to follow, just as it's easier to fall in love with a flawed person than a perfect one. It must get a bit dull if you're a Man City supporter, just watching them scoring goal after goal with never a worry about a Moreno character randomly and suddenly changing sides! ;)

I'm certainly looking forward to the Chelsea game on Saturday, but as usual I'll be having a substantial bet on Chelsea that I'll be all too happy to lose!

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”