Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Where is this cove/bay?

place to discuss doing things round and about the UK or to ask advice about other locations
didds
Lemon Half

Where is this cove/bay?

Postby didds » August 25th, 2018, 12:32 pm

Another Didds-loses-the-plot request...

A very few years ago we were on holiday *somewhere*. In all likelihood either Newport Pembrokeshire, or Heligan/Pentewan, Cornwall. (yes I know... ! very specific!)

WE were told of a local cove that might be good for sea swimking, so we scouted it out. We parked in a small car park, where adjacent to us was a football match being played (local teams, not Exeter City ground or snything l;ike that!). It MAY have been a national trust car park - cannot specifically recall, but something is prickling my memory.

Then there was a steepish descent via a staircase/steps to a cove, which led onto a concrete "promenade" (!) in front of a rocky/stony "beach". probably less than a couple of hundred metres in length (the beach - concrete half of that). there was a small cafe on this concrete bit. To the left the cove/sea had created a further "bay" and to the right was a small headland. Whilst there a couple of people came through coasteering... walked past us, jumped in the sea, swam across the mini bay (the bit to the left), existed into the land across the way (100m or so?) and carried on walking up and over the headland there.

We cannot remember where on earth this was now! Other than we can only "assume" it was one of the two general areas mentioned at the top of this post. Unlikely I know but does this ring any bells at all to anybody? If its any help whatsoever it really must have been the South-wes-ish or south wales cos we haven;t been anywhere else near the coast for years except Ireland (and it wasn't there we are sure!)

cheers

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Where is this cove/bay?

Postby PinkDalek » August 25th, 2018, 12:39 pm

A long shot but any of these?:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lists/ ... ountryside

Edit: Plenty more images here which may jog the memory (if Pembrokeshire) https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/ ... ry-9873678
Last edited by PinkDalek on August 25th, 2018, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » August 25th, 2018, 12:42 pm

PinkDalek wrote:A long shot but any of these?:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/lists/ ... ountryside

I'd looked at those - I omitted to say it wasn't a "beach" as such ... nothing you'd sunbathe on etc. We were there when the tide was in and what we could see was quite rocky and the sea pretty much came up to the concretey "promenade" thing. That's a grand title for what was put there so people could use the "beach" - theer was a small boat pootling around I recall also.

didds

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » August 25th, 2018, 12:45 pm

If only you’d said where you had already looked. ;)

Some further long shots in the edited post above.

Return to “Around the UK”