Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Trains, London > Wymondham [Norfolk]

place to discuss doing things round and about the UK or to ask advice about other locations
DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Trains, London > Wymondham [Norfolk]

Postby DiamondEcho » September 15th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Wymondam is 10-15 minutes before Norwich on the London > Norwich train. It used to be possible to get a direct train from London that stopped at Wymondham. DAK if you can still get a direct train London > Wymondham?
I've checked both Redspottedhanky and Trainline, and they both seem to suggest routes via/with stops Cambridge or Ely.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: Trains, London > Wymondham [Norfolk]

Postby Slarti » September 15th, 2018, 5:59 pm

Depends on which London station you start from.

Liverpool St gives go to Norwich and then come back, Kings Cross gives the routes you found.

I searched the other way round Wymondham to London Any as I was a bit surprised at Cambridge coming into the equation at all as I often caught Norwich bound trains to get to Witham in Essex.

Slarti

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: Trains, London > Wymondham [Norfolk]

Postby Alaric » September 15th, 2018, 9:29 pm

DiamondEcho wrote: DAK if you can still get a direct train London > Wymondham?
I've checked both Redspottedhanky and Trainline

Looks like from Liverpool Street you now have to go via Norwich and double back. Alternatively (and quicker), you go from Kings Cross via Cambridge and pick up a Cambridge to Norwich stopping train.

You don't need to use redspottedhanky or Trainline. They both add fees if buying tickets, www.nationalrail.co.uk enables both the planning of journeys and the buying of tickets.

Return to “Around the UK”