Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New rules for travelling to Spain

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
didds
Lemon Half

Re: New rules for travelling to Spain

Postby didds » August 10th, 2022, 4:39 pm

servodude wrote:
didds wrote:
Spet0789 wrote:Very stupid risk to take in my view.

I don't disagree, hence this being moot.

But if one was generally travelling, no fixed plans, for several weeks... how would one honestly have several weeks genuinely advanced bookings all made in preparation? Thats the point - not everybody is taking a week in magaluf in some generic package holiday hotel.

And - oo.. what of those with campervans and motorhomes - you just point at the vehicle and say "aqui" ?

In that case they'd normally require evidence of a return flight (or equivalent) and proof of funds to support your galavanting.

which is a far more sensible general approach - but a nmix then means thos eon a all inclusive ie with a hoitel are covered.

marvellous.

Fluke
Lemon Slice

Postby Fluke » August 12th, 2022, 12:41 pm

How about book a couple of nights in a hostel on book.com, and stay there! They're often interesting/historic buildings in great locations, could be fun, cheap and even take you back to your yoof. Whether it does or not you'll have your legit address to give to the nice people at border control.

tsr2
2 Lemon pips

Postby tsr2 » August 16th, 2022, 12:29 pm

Lootman wrote:...
But I preferred North America and Asia as holiday destinations long before the EU decided that it did not want my money.

I'm a bit puzzled by the implication that North America is more relaxed about this stuff. Maybe Canada, as Commonwealth country? The US, OTOH, introduced ESTA before the EU introduced ETIAS and I remember being quizzed about how much cash I had for my holiday at an immigration desk in Hawaii airport in the 1980s.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » August 16th, 2022, 12:47 pm

tsr2 wrote:
Lootman wrote:But I preferred North America and Asia as holiday destinations long before the EU decided that it did not want my money.

I'm a bit puzzled by the implication that North America is more relaxed about this stuff. Maybe Canada, as Commonwealth country? The US, OTOH, introduced ESTA before the EU introduced ETIAS and I remember being quizzed about how much cash I had for my holiday at an immigration desk in Hawaii airport in the 1980s.

The US does have that requirement. But it lets you stay for 6 months at a time, rather than the 3 months that the EU is specifying.

And the US does not insist on trying to match your departure with a preceding arrival. In fact passport checks are minimal when leaving the US, and some international flights leave from domestic airport terminals, again with minimal checks.

I have been asked about cash when entering the US. But as I mentioned upthread the concern there is people bringing in too much cash - the limit is $10,000 before you have to declare it.

Return to “Airport Lounge”