Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0, for Donating to support the site

Reccomended hotel in Dubai?

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Reccomended hotel in Dubai?

Postby stevensfo » May 2nd, 2024, 4:22 pm

We stopped over in Dubai for a 3-4 days and last time, found the Hilton Garden Hotel just round the corner from that big mall that has the ski slopes.

Not complaining. They had a shuttle bus to the beach, so my wife , a beach lover, was happy and we had a few day trips. Abu Dhabi....yawn!

We may be stopping in Dubai in October, so any other recommendations would be great.

Personally, I find the place utterly artificial and lacking in atmosphere. But I will need to relax!

Any advice?

Steve

Sobraon
2 Lemon pips

Re: Reccomended hotel in Dubai?

Postby Sobraon » May 2nd, 2024, 6:09 pm

OK difficult. We have just stayed a week AI at the The Oaks at Ibn Battuta Gate. Its 30/35 mins by taxi from terminal 3 and just over the street (literally a zebra crossing) from the "world's largest themed shopping mall. - The Ibn Battuta Mall" ( 3 days to explore the highlights apparently if that's you and/or your partner's thing). There is a red line metro station in the mall.

The hotel is good although there is a lot of building in the area. There is an inclusive shuttle bus to a free club on the palm. Rooms are very comfortable and very quiet. I slept very well. Staff were great, second night the staff in the restaurant knew our names and the waiters in the outdoor bar knew our drinks orders.

We just wanted guaranteed sun, a safe environment and a reasonable price and it did the job (36c). Checking prices I have seen Jan AI as low as £200/rm per night for 5* AI. Have a look at trip advisor of course to get much more info. Negatives are that Dubai was recovering from the floods - but key for me is that I would stay there again

Return to “Airport Lounge”