Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Off-airport parking - Bristol

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
88V8
Lemon Half

Off-airport parking - Bristol

Postby 88V8 » September 17th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Upcoming holiday.
One hears horror stories about cars being parked in fields or abandoned in laybys.
We parked previously at Thrubwell Farm, an odd arrangement where he drove one to the airport in one's own car, and then collected one likewise.
But he was grumbling about the open-all-hours aspect, and seems to have packed up.

Any other recommendations for a week's parking near Bristol airport?

I've read good comment about Goblin Combe, but not very recent.

V8 (in cheapskate mode)

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Re: Off-airport parking - Bristol

Postby dionaeamuscipula » September 17th, 2018, 7:20 pm

88V8 wrote:Upcoming holiday.
One hears horror stories about cars being parked in fields or abandoned in laybys.
We parked previously at Thrubwell Farm, an odd arrangement where he drove one to the airport in one's own car, and then collected one likewise.
But he was grumbling about the open-all-hours aspect, and seems to have packed up.

Any other recommendations for a week's parking near Bristol airport?

I've read good comment about Goblin Combe, but not very recent.

V8 (in cheapskate mode)

The other off airports I have used have likewise gone. Recently I have used the official car parks, generally Silver. I would avoid Bristol entirely were it not for the reluctance of operators to use my local airport. Mostly because of the parking. And the terrible access. Did I mention that all the restaurants seem to have the same kitchen?

DM

cavebat
2 Lemon pips

Re: Off-airport parking - Bristol

Postby cavebat » September 19th, 2018, 11:01 pm

I think there's been a big crack down on all the unofficial off-site parking at Bristol Airport.

We've used the Silver-Zone on-site parking before which works well. But we live reasonably close enough that using the airport taxi service works out just as cheap, particularly with the new link road through south Bristol. And saves the worry that we have a very early morning flight and jump in the car at 3.30am to find it won't start.

https://www.arrowprivatehire.co.uk/airp ... l-airport/

cavebat

Return to “Airport Lounge”