Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Direct buses from Paddington to Luton/Stansted airports

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Direct buses from Paddington to Luton/Stansted airports

Postby DiamondEcho » November 5th, 2018, 12:14 pm

These National Express routes just crossed my radar this week. They could really simplify getting to/from the subject airports into west London.

I X-post here from the London Lovers board, as despite living in west London, had no idea these routes exist!
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14582&p=178201#p178201

TaurusTheBull
2 Lemon pips

Re: Direct buses from Paddington to Luton/Stansted airports

Postby TaurusTheBull » November 7th, 2018, 8:20 am

I've used NX buses from/to Victoria for years, going to/from Gatwick and Stansted, and once from Luton.

Seats booked a month or so in advance via easybus are as low as £1.95. They have the added advantage that on those buses leaving the airports, passengers are allowed to use any NX bus going on their booked route up to an hour before, or an hour after, their booked time (spare seats permitting), allowing for early or late flights.

Obviously not as fast as trains and taxis, but considerably cheaper.

Taurus

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Re: Direct buses from Paddington to Luton/Stansted airports

Postby DiamondEcho » November 8th, 2018, 2:33 pm

TaurusTheBull wrote:IObviously not as fast as trains and taxis, but considerably cheaper. Taurus

Interesting tip there Taurus, I'll come back to this subject when we next need to get to/fro one of the airports in question.
I agree it's unlikely these buses could be as fast as a taxi, but for my circumstances - needing to get from west London to King's X, Livpl St or Victoria on the tube, with it's uncertainty and having to add contingency time for that, versus being able to get one of these buses en route to/from Victoria seems like a boon, and would remove a lot of uncertainty/contingency time. That it's cheaper too is an additional bonus.

Return to “Airport Lounge”