Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Gatwick Parking

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
ahenry

Gatwick Parking

Postby ahenry » December 14th, 2016, 10:18 am

Recently most of my flights from Gatwick have been from the North terminal. When they were from the South terminal, I would use the long stay car park, which is close enough to walk instead of taking the bus. I am usually away for a 2-3 days on a business trip, so I care more about having a quick transfer than worrying too much about the price, so I don't bother with off site parking.

However, the North terminal long stay car park for the is too far to walk, and the buses are not very frequent. I checked these prices for a stay from late Sunday to late Tuesday next week:

Long Stay North £28
Short Stay North £88
Long Stay South £25
Short Stay South £27

There was a comment on the site about the demand being lower at the South terminal, so they have dropped the prices. The thing is there is a free 2 minute shuttle train, which runs automatically, and which has an accurate display showing you when the next train is going to leave. I would far rather use that, than hanging around waiting for a bus. The railway station is at the south terminal, so there will always need to be a way to transfer between the terminals.

I just got back from a trip yesterday evening. On the way out, I was stood at a bus stop in the cold for 5 minutes, whilst a bus driver was parked 100m down the road having a cigarette. On the return, there was a 15 minute wait and then a 10 minute journey.

Hardgrafter
2 Lemon pips

Re: Gatwick Parking

Postby Hardgrafter » December 17th, 2016, 5:29 pm

I agree. I have on several occasions, when travelling from N terminal, found it to be cheaper and just as quick to use the South Terminal parking.

Return to “Airport Lounge”