Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Delta dope, that's me.....

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
scottnsilky
Lemon Slice

Delta dope, that's me.....

Postby scottnsilky » April 7th, 2019, 8:54 pm

My gran used to say, when you asked for seconds, and couldn't finish it, your eyes are bigger than your stomach. That's what I feel I have done, from an airfare point of view.

I found what I thought was a bargain fare to the Romanian city of Constanta, on the Black Sea coast, handy for my destination of the Danube Delta, not so handy is it leaves from the dreaded Luton airport, much maligned on here last year. I paid the airfare before checking how to get to Luton, it's not cheap from my home, in fact it's twice as much as the return ticket to Romania by train via London, by coach via Birmingham, about the same. What to do? What about changing the tickets for Bucharest? Checking on Skyscanner it's £86, that's only £40 more than I've already paid, and it's a local airport, 35 miles at most. It means a longer train journey at the other end, but that's OK, I like trains, and cheap there.

Do I change the tickets, or just book anew, and write off the Constanta business. To change them, of course costs. €60 plus the difference in ticket price, it's getting confusing now, some serious arithmetic required, but then again, the amounts involved are not life threatening. In the small print, Wizz air, for it is they, have a 'missed departure charge', what does that mean? If I just fail to turn up for the flight, they charge me €140!, or does it mean, if I'm ten minutes late, they charge that to book me on the next flight? And of course, what exchange rate will they use, all extra charges are quoted in euros. Exactly the same question was asked on TripAdvisor 2 years ago, the consensus was, if I just didn't turn up, no charge, but can I rely on that? Has anybody experience of this, has anybody flown with them?

As I write, my pal, looking on Skyscanner, tells me if I go a week earlier, the fare is only £58! I think I'll mull it over before I jump in, it's a month away yet.

Let's hope Debenhams are still in business when I want to buy my Romanian Leu, I wonder how it's pronounced. I find Debenhams are consistently the best convenient travel money shop.

dp

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: Delta dope, that's me.....

Postby dspp » April 8th, 2019, 9:12 am

Gosh, can you travel London - Romainia return for £40 ? Are you allowed to get off and sleep at hotels en route or are you confined to carriages if you do this ?

- dspp

Return to “Airport Lounge”