Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Dubai Airport (in transit) Hotel

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Dubai Airport (in transit) Hotel

Postby EssDeeAitch » October 9th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Has anyone used the "day pods" on offer at Dubai Airport? My OH has an eight hour stop over and would like to rest and this may be a good option

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Dubai Airport (in transit) Hotel

Postby Lootman » October 9th, 2019, 9:32 pm

EssDeeAitch wrote:Has anyone used the "day pods" on offer at Dubai Airport? My OH has an eight hour stop over and would like to rest and this may be a good option

I have not, but I usually have lounge access and some lounges at Dubai are open 24 hours because nighttime is rush hour there. Many airport lounges have reclining seating, showers, cabanas etc., as well as free food, drink, spa treatments and wifi. They represent a good alternative and, even if you don't have airline status or are not flying in a premium cabin, lounge access can usually be purchased for a fee.

I have stayed at capsule hotels in Japan, and also the Yotel at Gatwick South. Am not a fan. Too cramped.

Sobraon
2 Lemon pips

Postby Sobraon » October 9th, 2019, 10:16 pm

As an alternative, check baggage through if possible ( can do this with Emirates) and have a few hours at the nearby Premier Inn from £48.

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » October 10th, 2019, 7:21 am

Sobraon wrote:As an alternative, check baggage through if possible ( can do this with Emirates) and have a few hours at the nearby Premier Inn from £48.

This is looking a more likely option. Baggage will be straight through and I see that the hotel is very close, many thanks.

Return to “Airport Lounge”