Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Enjoy Car Hire Faro

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
Paultry
2 Lemon pips

Enjoy Car Hire Faro

Postby Paultry » October 20th, 2017, 11:57 am

Just for comparison to other users' experiences I would like to state that 'Enjoy Car Hire' operating out of Faro airport are quite fine.

I paid £6.62 deposit on line to a Cypriot registered site, £97.46 when I picked the car up, this covered all ancillary fees but not travel to Spain, the motorway toll charges will come through in a few weeks, guessing £20. My credit card had a pending charge of £1850 to cover the excess.

The hire was for two weeks Tuesday to Tuesday. I purchased a stand alone 1 year European policy excess for £37.99 from Halo insurance services prior to travel, which I have not included in my reckonings below.

Pick up is from a cabin in car park P4, a 200M up slope walk from the terminal. The vehicle was a Opel corsa 1.3L diesel. Fuel gauge was on 5/8th, returned on 5/8th. A couple of scratches were on the doors, duly recorded. Paperwork and receiving the vehicle took 15 mins.

I paid £61.80 for 53.74L of fuel and covered 756 miles (64 miles/gallon).

I returned the car to the same spot I picked it up from (but entered P1 second entrance), the pleasant receptionist took a cursory glance at the vehicle to check there was no major damage, but was more interested in checking the fuel level. Drop off took all of 5mins.

Total cost, 6.62 + 97.46 + 61.80 + ca.20 = £186 or 186/15 = £12.40/day

The missus and I had a lovely holiday in what felt like blazing heat at first. We met the captain of Daniel Joseph in Alcoutim, a five year old fruit transport boat that he himself had built and was on his maiden trip en route to Gibralter from Bristol for cheap fuel. Some friends from Spain met us and we had a pleasant lunch at Fabrica followed by a walk around Tavira and an evening beer in the Irish pub before we said cheerio. I went in the sea a few times, but it was a bit scary when the waves were up and it felt like having a fight with a king size mattress, being swept along the beach in a westerly direction at seemingly 50M per minute. This was reassuring, since being swept out to sea is far more in the 'danger of death' arena.

I like the Algarve, I like the Portuguese and I like the sun. Paul

Return to “Airport Lounge”