Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Lanzarote

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Lanzarote

Postby PinkDalek » February 7th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:Many thanks for all the responses. You've collectively convinced me to take the plunge, and having looked at the Hotel Volcan recommended by PD and knowing him to be a man of taste and discernment ;) I've booked a few nights there leaving Thursday next week. ...

Please don't blame me if the more recent tripadvisor comments are anything to go by! I only looked at them a few days after having posted on this thread.

Match report, please.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » February 7th, 2018, 8:41 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
Clitheroekid wrote:Many thanks for all the responses. You've collectively convinced me to take the plunge, and having looked at the Hotel Volcan recommended by PD and knowing him to be a man of taste and discernment ;) I've booked a few nights there leaving Thursday next week. ...

Please don't blame me if the more recent tripadvisor comments are anything to go by! I only looked at them a few days after having posted on this thread.

Match report, please.

Well I'm pleased to say that your reputation as a man of taste and discernment remains intact! ;)

I had a look at the latest TA comments, and they were mostly very good - 10 out of the last 15 were 5/5, which is the top rating. And I would thoroughly concur with that, I loved the hotel and thought it was tremendous value.

I only took the basic B&B option, generally preferring to eat at local restaurants, but I did try room service one evening, ordering a full restaurant style meal at 10:45 (it had been a long day!) I always think this is a test of a good hotel, as they can't exactly relish getting that sort of order so late, but the meal arrived about 25 minutes later and it was excellent.

I think I was lucky with the weather compared to what other people had experienced just days before and in other parts of the Canaries. It wasn't 100% wall to wall sunshine, but it was sunny most days, and the odd shower soon disappeared. This is a pic from my room, and I can assure you that the weather generally was a damn sight better than Lancashire!

I'm due at the pub quiz shortly, so I've no time to say more, but I'll try to add some further comments in the next day or two.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 17th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:

I've been meaning to reply but wanted to include our view of the pool from the other side. You'll see why I kept quiet on the technical problems we encountered. That is if I've managed to get imgur to function:

Return to “Airport Lounge”