Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Making copies of old TMF posts

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
GarraGee
2 Lemon pips

Making copies of old TMF posts

Postby GarraGee » November 8th, 2016, 5:13 pm

My first post in the new boards and thanks again to Clariman and Stooz for all the work that's gone into the new venue, especially when done at such short notice.

There are a number of threads I've bookmarked in Firefox for later reading. Now that it seems we are to lose all the previous posts, I would like to save some of them as text documents on my computer.

Is there an easy way to do this please? I guess there may be copyright issues which would stop be doing this, in which case I've wasted your time, but thanks anyway.

GG

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Making copies of old TMF posts

Postby Breelander » November 8th, 2016, 5:22 pm

Welcome to the Lemon Fool!

GarraGee wrote: There are a number of threads I've bookmarked in Firefox for later reading. Now that it seems we are to lose all the previous posts, I would like to save some of them as text documents on my computer.

You will probably find that these posts are already available in the internet archive called the Wayback machine. If not, you can add them to its collection. See...
Archived Fool posts

pottager

Postby pottager » November 8th, 2016, 6:45 pm

GarraGee wrote:Is there an easy way to do this please? I guess there may be copyright issues which would stop be doing this, in which case I've wasted your time, but thanks anyway.

All browsers let you save web pages to your local disk - you want the option that is something like "Web page, complete." I just tried it in Chrome on a full TMF thread and it loaded perfectly afterwards, with no Internet connection.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 8th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Snorvey wrote:Cute PDF can be useful. Bring up the post, hit Control P and use the print to PDF option.

If you have Windows 10 you don't even need that - Windows 10 comes with its own 'Microsoft Print to PDF' printer as standard.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”