Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Low volume on Sat Nav apps

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
raybarrow
Lemon Slice

Low volume on Sat Nav apps

Postby raybarrow » January 25th, 2022, 3:06 pm

Hi,
Bit of a strange one. Iphone 8, IOS15. Google Maps volume is fine, Here We Go and Waze are very, very quiet. Other volumes on phone are fine, speech, BBS Sounds, Podcasts, YouTube.
I'm to IOS15 and wonder if there is some setting hidden away like 'Don't wake the driver'.

Any suggestions,
Ray.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: Low volume on Sat Nav apps

Postby AF62 » January 25th, 2022, 3:55 pm

Waze has a setting for Guidance Volume.

Swipe in from left whilst in Waze, the the cog to get to Settings then Voice and Sounds.

raybarrow
Lemon Slice

Postby raybarrow » January 26th, 2022, 11:22 am

Hi AF62,
Found it on Waze. Seems loud enough in the house, I'll see what it's like in the car.
Here We Go has settings of Quiet and Loud, which now seem loud enough in the house. Try it in the car later.
Navmii was also loud enough from the start.
Ray.

raybarrow
Lemon Slice

Postby raybarrow » January 26th, 2022, 2:43 pm

Hi,Waze and Here We Go audible on the move but you have to pay attention. I did notice that they have 'improved' Here We Go'. That's always a worrying time.
Think I'll stick to Google Maps with Navmii as a backup.

Heard on the radio last night about the man who's dishwasher broke and he couldn't get a replacement part (not a big job apparently) and then couldn't find a new dishwasher that didn't connect to the internet. 'I just want a dishwasher, I don't need it to phone me to tell me when it finished, it's just in the next room.' I sympathize.

Ray.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”