Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

iPad - lost 'Restrictions enable' code

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Jonetc15
Lemon Slice

iPad - lost 'Restrictions enable' code

Postby Jonetc15 » April 11th, 2018, 5:08 pm

I have no idea how it happened, but I appear to have disabled ‘Restrictions’ on my iPad. When I tried to enable Restrictions I was asked for a Restrictions Pass Code (four digits, rather than the six digits to access my iPad). I simply do not remember ever having created a Restrictions Pass Code, so rather than immediately cluttering up this board with a plea for help I googled and was (to say the least) alarmed by the response – please see: https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/771 ... on+an+iPad

I find the suggested solution solution (‘You will have to restore the iPad. Here comes even worse news, if you have not backed up your iPad in iTunes since you put the passcode on, you can restore from backup. But, if the password is in your backup, then you'll have to restore your iPad from new’) alarming, to say the least, especially as I have not as yet managed to back up my contacts. I don't think that I have backed up anything manually due to my very limited IT competence.

I will be really grateful for any advice what to do.

TIA

Jon

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”