Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Google Nexus phone replacement?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: Google Nexus phone replacement?

Postby Infrasonic » April 13th, 2018, 1:27 pm

https://www.zdnet.com/article/android-o ... ndroid-go/

We look at the three different Android experiences Google is now managing and explain where each one fits in the mobile industry...

...So, now, Google has rolled out Android Oreo (Go Edition). But it joins two other Android deviations: the main Android OS, which is currently Android Oreo, and Android One. Here's what you need to know about all three...

Cont.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » April 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm

My Nexus 5 is starting to suffer a bit, getting slow downs and low memory (RAM) warnings as the apps expect better hardware specs. Seems 2GB RAM is not enough these days...(Four years + out of it so can't complain too much.)

I didn't actually know Android had fragmented into three OS' until I read that link, you can always rely on Google to muddy the waters...

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the Android One phones, I'm not paying £600 for a Pixel (much as I would love to get one.)

hiriskpaul
Lemon Quarter

Postby hiriskpaul » April 13th, 2018, 5:09 pm

My daughters like Motos. They are fairly vanilla phones and most importantly, reasonably cheap - my daughters lose or break phones fairly regularly.

I like Samsung phones. I replaced the battery recently and my S5 now seems as good as the day I bought it, helped I am sure because Samsung do not keep updating the OS. I intend to hang on to it for as long as I can get replacement batteries as I think a phone without a replaceable battery is an outrageous scam.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » April 17th, 2018, 5:25 pm

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the Android One phones, I'm not paying £600 for a Pixel (much as I would love to get one.)

Of course the other option I should have mentioned at the time is the refurb route, Pixels here for £250-£300...
https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/st/refu ... martphones

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”