Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

virgen media

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
cloedan

virgen media

Postby cloedan » May 26th, 2018, 9:41 am

hi all just run virgin cables on our road I am with BT for phone broadband sport paying £80 month can get full package from virgin for same price be it only for 12 month for that price need to know if virgin as good as BT or any problems with virgin kind regards cloedan

Hardgrafter
2 Lemon pips

Re: virgen media

Postby Hardgrafter » May 26th, 2018, 10:29 am

As its unlikely that anyone will have both Virgin and BT, comparisons will be difficult.
I am with Virgin, and do get the promised 100 mbps, except during very busy times. I did have a much poorer service until I got them to change the router.
Do you need the phone line, if you have a mobile?

Garless
2 Lemon pips

Postby Garless » May 26th, 2018, 3:16 pm

cloedan wrote:hi all just run virgin cables on our road I am with BT for phone broadband sport paying £80 month can get full package from virgin for same price be it only for 12 month for that price need to know if virgin as good as BT or any problems with virgin kind regards cloedan

A happy Virgin customer since before it was Virgin. I pay just over £100 pcm for top end TV, landline and next to top speed broadband. TV includes Eurosport and BT sport but not Sky sports, which is an extra cost option, we chose that package for foreign language news. Cable and TV generally very reliable. Rarely have to phone support and that is the only problem, first line is India but if escalated tech support is UK. About to have one of two TV boxes replaced for free because they want to drop support for older ones, they also maintain for free unlike Sky.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 26th, 2018, 4:40 pm

It'll be fine when it's working properly.

The difference becomes evident when it fails.
  • BT: find a public call box, call 100[1]. Go through the menus, it promises a fix within 24 hours. Line is fixed well within that time.
  • Virgin: go to their support pages, do battle with a system that is set up cunningly to deny all communication from you to them. So impenetrable that even Virgin's high street shops won't talk to you. The contrast to BT's 24 hours is four months and still counting.
Want a second opinion? See here from a couple of days ago: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=11870

[1] is what I did last time a BT line failed on me. I daresay I could've tried other approaches like visiting their website.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”