Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

ii login problems

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
dspp
Lemon Half

ii login problems

Postby dspp » July 8th, 2018, 12:01 am

There are various folk getting issues of late with iii logins.

See viewtopic.php?t=12421&f=26

If you have any helpful suggestions please post them over there, not here.

It may of course be entirely an iii caused issue.

regards, dspp

k333
2 Lemon pips

Re: ii login problems

Postby k333 » July 10th, 2018, 4:55 pm

They have changed the login, and the old username does not work, and they expect an email address now. They also insisited on a password change as the old one was too short for the new rules.

- K

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » July 10th, 2018, 6:35 pm

They have changed the login, and the old username does not work, and they expect an email address now. They also insisited on a password change as the old one was too short for the new rules.

Not true. Their login asks for 'Account number or Username'.

Actually, after having read your post, I tried my email address, but it's too long.

Also, this problem has only been for about 10 days which is long after the changes.

So far, I have the feeling that it may be Windows 7 that is not being supported. My Android tablet works fine. I will check this very soon.

Even before this, I had some serious problems with iii taking their fee from my ISA cash rather than my Trading cash - put there for the last 5 years specifically to pay the fee. The rather ignorant and impertinent reply I received told me there was no sense in pursuing the conversation. Primary school teachers will know what I mean.

I can't help feeling that iii know exactly what is going on but are under pressure to....pretend.

Steve

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » July 10th, 2018, 6:52 pm

I just used a colleague's laptop with Windows 10 and it logged me in with no problems.

So part of the problem is Windows 7 which clearly stopped being accepted by iii approx 10 days ago.

The weird thing is that I still can't see: 'Portfolio...Transaction History'.

So I see the total cash from dividends and can even set up the next purchase, but I have no idea from where these divis originate!

Steve

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » July 10th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Apologies to dspp. I only just saw your request to use the Brokers board.

I just tried moving my post to Brokers and seemed to trigger some kind of IT hiccup. :-)

Steve

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Postby Stompa » July 10th, 2018, 7:48 pm

stevensfo wrote:Not true. Their login asks for 'Account number or Username'.

That's true for a trading account, but for a research account it asks for an email address (and it rejects anything that doesn't contain an '@').

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » July 10th, 2018, 8:33 pm

That's true for a trading account, but for a research account it asks for an email address (and it rejects anything that doesn't contain an '@').

Thanks, but it's the Trading account that's the important account. Their so-called Research account is a very new thing that used to be part of the general iii account.

I don't believe that you can check your account, add, withdraw money or check transactions with the Research account.

I can log in to the Research account, but it really doesn't help me one little bit.

It's very hard to believe that some idiot is responsible for wrecking what was a fairly decent website.

Probably why the silence and the 'Reception Class' replies to my emails.

Steve

PS To be honest, it's not hard to believe. The old maxim 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' seems to have undergone the death of a thousand cuts.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”