Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

BlueTooth won't see a device.

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

BlueTooth won't see a device.

Postby Slarti » July 31st, 2018, 7:03 pm

With my Android phone I am successfully paired with my car's hands free and music systems, but the phone won't even admit that my Yamaha sound box exists.

My son can connect from his phone, but when I do Refresh on mine it says No Blue Tooth devices available, obviously the car is not turned on.

Is restarting the sound box likely to make any difference? or is there something else I could try?

A frustrated Slarti

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: BlueTooth won't see a device.

Postby swill453 » July 31st, 2018, 7:10 pm

The sound box might need to be in "discovery" mode. Best read the instructions how to do it, but might be something like pressing and holding a button (power-on maybe) until a (usually blue) light flashes.

Scott.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: BlueTooth won't see a device.

Postby Slarti » August 1st, 2018, 9:49 am

swill453 wrote:The sound box might need to be in "discovery" mode. Best read the instructions how to do it, but might be something like pressing and holding a button (power-on maybe) until a (usually blue) light flashes.

Scott.

Thanks, I'll see if anything like that is mentioned in the manual.

The only downside of the box is that you can't see its current status for more than a few seconds after you change something, and then you have to know what the lights on the front mean.

With the app you can easily see the status of each setting.

Slarti

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”