Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Colour Printers

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
BobbyD
Lemon Half

Re: Colour Printers

Postby BobbyD » September 20th, 2018, 1:43 am

Had a canon MG6250, printed beautifully but it drank ink and the replacements were expensive. It stopped working when I switched to compatibles so I switched to an HP with 7 months free ink at 300 pages a month and then stepped down to the 15 free pages a month subscription...

jofc

Postby jofc » September 21st, 2018, 4:23 pm

I'm not sure about the original reason for getting a new 'inkjet' printer.

All 3 of my kids have been more than happy to use our old Dell 1320C colour laser through their schooling.
Never been a problem.

Middle one is now doing photography A level - but I would expect him to use the College printer(s) for photo quality.

But its nice to see a few of you have found some more modern inkjet printers that don't get clogged up if you don't use them for a couple of weeks.

JofC

bruncher
Lemon Quarter

Postby bruncher » September 27th, 2018, 12:10 pm

We have a Pixma MG 6250

The print quality of docs and photos is superb, but I would next time go for a model which takes larger ink cartridges as we currently have to buy small and expensive cartridges.

Stonge
Lemon Slice

Postby Stonge » December 13th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Just bought a Canon MG3650 for £30 from Argos.

Image Garden failed to install but from what I've read that's no loss. Printed a photo and there are visible faint lines but it'll probably do for me for the odd snap.

Scanning seemed to work OK.

However, today (one day after installing it) the printer wouldn't turn off or basically do anything. Unplugged it and it seemed to reset itself.

Doesn't bode well for the future.

It's a Which? recommended Best Buy. There used to be loads of comments on the Which? site bemoaning the numerous problems members have had with this printer. However they've now all disappeared. It seems Which? have now removed Members' comments from their site. Seems to be a common problem with many Which? best buys these days.

All over the Web there are hundreds of reports of problems with this printer but some people seem to be lucky. Thought I'd take a chance. Probably be a 'buy cheap and buy twice' situation. Will keep you posted.

uspaul666
2 Lemon pips

Postby uspaul666 » December 13th, 2018, 6:28 pm

There might be times when you (or family) haven’t printed in colour for a month or so. So I have a monthly reminder on my phone to print something. The kitchen now has a good collection of candid family photos. This means that the wife thinks that I love my kids lots plus the printer head hasn’t clogged with dried out ink forcing me to buy a new printer. Works for me.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”