Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Outlook 2007 - synchronizing subscribed folders

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Outlook 2007 - synchronizing subscribed folders

Postby Clitheroekid » October 2nd, 2018, 6:54 pm

For some inexplicable reason my admittedly ancient Outlook 2007 has recently slowed down. When I went to the `Details' in the send/receive bit there's a message saying "synchronizing subscribed folders for [one of my email addresses]".

This message and process seems to be perpetual, so that at any one time the `send/receive status 'is at a figure considerably less than 100%.

I've not the slightest idea what's going on, and my attempts to Google an answer have been met with the usual incomprehensible geekspeak.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this annoyance? Unfortunately, I'm just going out for the evening, so I'm afraid I won't be able to answer any questions till tomorrow, but TIA anyway.

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Re: Outlook 2007 - synchronizing subscribed folders

Postby Ashfordian » October 2nd, 2018, 7:13 pm

It has been a lot of years since I used Outlook 2007 but it feels to me that you have a corrupt .ost(Outlook data) file.

Try this Microsoft repair tool (Outlook has to be closed when running this)

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

At the bottom of that link it details how to find the location of these Outlook data files.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”