Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Logitech M330 Silent Plus Wireless Mouse

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Logitech M330 Silent Plus Wireless Mouse

Postby Itsallaguess » November 3rd, 2018, 10:26 am

Just a heads up that Amazon have an offer on at the moment for the Logitech M330 Silent Plus Wireless Mouse, selling for just £16.99 with various colours available -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K7GEAFC/

I mention this because I've owned one of these for over a year now, and it's the best mouse I've ever used. The 'silent' nature of the mouse is a god-send, and was the primary reason that I bought mine originally, although I've also been very pleasantly surprised to see that the claimed 24-month battery-life, off a single AA battery, is also living up to the claims, and I've not yet had to replace the supplied battery from the packet yet, after 13-months of fairly heavy usage.

Anyhow, given the £17 offer, down from £30, I thought I'd bring it to the attention of this board just in case anyone is looking for a new mouse, or would like one that's quieter than the noisy one they are perhaps currently using. It's Windows and Mac compatible and comes with a small, unobtrusive wireless dongle for the PC side of the wireless connection.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Logitech M330 Silent Plus Wireless Mouse

Postby kiloran » November 3rd, 2018, 10:51 am

Good find. Thanks.
I see it has a 10m wireless range, which should be good enough when using my laptop. Might need some binoculars to read the screen though
and a long stick to poke the keyboard. :D

I've been using a Nexus silent mouse and it's really good, but the right-click is becoming somewhat unreliable after 5 years of heavy use, so time for a replacement.

--kiloran

GeoffF100
Lemon Quarter

Postby GeoffF100 » November 3rd, 2018, 12:00 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:Just a heads up that Amazon have an offer on at the moment for the Logitech M330 Silent Plus Wireless Mouse, selling for just £16.99...

What do the noisy ones do? Sing rugby songs or just quietly squeak? All my mice are silent, even the cheapest ones.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 3rd, 2018, 12:15 pm

GeoffF100 wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
Just a heads up that Amazon have an offer on at the moment for the Logitech M330 Silent Plus Wireless Mouse, selling for just £16.99...

What do the noisy ones do? Sing rugby songs or just quietly squeak?

All my mice are silent, even the cheapest ones.

I think this will just be one of those personal-preference things really.

The noisy mice that I've owned in the past have had really quite distinct and 'clicky' mouse-buttons, which has sometimes included the scroll-wheels too.

This might be one of those sounds that many people simply don't register when they use their PC's, but it's something that I do, and when using mice for long periods, or where the use of them is in a communal room with others that might be wanting to concentrate on something other than a 'clicky' mouse being used somewhere else in the same room, then I find that it really does help to use one of these silent ones.

The additional battery-life benefit is a real boon in itself, but I do prefer to use a quiet mouse if possible, and the 'silent' claims from Logitech regarding this particular model is something I can definitely vouch for, so if it's also important to other readers of this board, I hoped it might be useful to discuss it.

It sounds like you're already using a mouse that you're happy with, which is clearly fabulous news. I wasn't, but I am now, so that's two of us.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 3rd, 2018, 12:45 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:This might be one of those sounds that many people simply don't register when they use their PC's, but it's something that I do, and when using mice for long periods, or where the use of them is in a communal room with others that might be wanting to concentrate on something other than a 'clicky' mouse being used somewhere else in the same room, then I find that it really does help to use one of these silent ones.

I never really noticed mine, but it did bug my wife when she was watching the telly and I was using the laptop a couple of metres away. Buying a silent mouse solved the problem, and was far cheaper than acquiring a new wife!

--kiloran

GeoffF100
Lemon Quarter

Postby GeoffF100 » November 3rd, 2018, 3:06 pm

Ah, I see. My mouse clicks are hardly audible with the cooling fan running. The keyboard clicks are louder. I always use wired mice. Proper old fashioned ones with tails. That solves the battery life problem. Nonetheless, it is interesting to see how other mousers get on.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 3rd, 2018, 3:23 pm

GeoffF100 wrote:
My mouse clicks are hardly audible with the cooling fan running. The keyboard clicks are louder. I always use wired mice. Proper old fashioned ones with tails. That solves the battery life problem. Nonetheless, it is interesting to see how other mousers get on.

That starts to explain it a little then Geoff - quiet computing is important to me, both for myself and in consideration for others, taking into account the location of my main PC, so I have an almost silent mini-PC now (an AS-Rock Deskmini 110 - https://tinyurl.com/yb2w54qb / https://tinyurl.com/y79c2so9) which made the previous noisy mouse I used the loudest component other than the keyboard, and given that my mouse is used a great deal more than the keyboard, it was important for me to find a really quiet alternative mouse to help with that.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

GeoffF100
Lemon Quarter

Postby GeoffF100 » November 3rd, 2018, 6:10 pm

If you get bored with the silence, you can always sing to the mouse. How about "Silent mouse. Holy mouse..."?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 4th, 2018, 4:39 pm

My new M330 mouse arrived today and it's running fine. Perhaps a slightly louder click than the Nexus, but no complaints from my wife :)
I think it's also a better fit in my hand.

Thanks for highlighting it.

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 4th, 2018, 5:31 pm

kiloran wrote:
My new M330 mouse arrived today and it's running fine. Perhaps a slightly louder click than the Nexus, but no complaints from my wife :)

I think it's also a better fit in my hand.

Thanks for that kiloran, and it's great to hear that you're happy with the mouse.

I can't think how quiet your last 'silent' mouse was if it was even quieter, but the M330 is certainly more than good enough for my needs, and I'm glad you were able to get one at such a good price.

Hopefully you'll also get a nice surprise regarding the battery-life claims, which I'm always sceptical of but which are certainly proving to be correct up to now, with the single 13-month-old AA that's been in since opening the packet last year.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”