Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

BT Charges for Caller ID

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Raptor
Lemon Quarter

BT Charges for Caller ID

Postby Raptor » November 24th, 2018, 8:40 am

Just a heads up to anyone who signed up for this with BT. They have "charged" for this service since 1st October. They know about it and have said that it will be refunded next bill. I have escallated as this should have been thought about, it is not as if they did not know about it as their confirmation e-mail on ordering the service says it is "free".

Raptor.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Re: BT Charges for Caller ID

Postby yorkshirelad1 » November 27th, 2018, 10:18 am

Raptor wrote:Just a heads up to anyone who signed up for this with BT. They have "charged" for this service since 1st October. They know about it and have said that it will be refunded next bill. I have escallated as this should have been thought about, it is not as if they did not know about it as their confirmation e-mail on ordering the service says it is "free".
Raptor.

Probably stating the obvious, but Ofcom said in 2017 that caller id should not be charged for.
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/la ... nforcement

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: BT Charges for Caller ID

Postby Infrasonic » November 27th, 2018, 10:40 am

Raptor wrote:Just a heads up to anyone who signed up for this with BT. They have "charged" for this service since 1st October. They know about it and have said that it will be refunded next bill. I have escallated as this should have been thought about, it is not as if they did not know about it as their confirmation e-mail on ordering the service says it is "free".

Raptor.

Push for some sort of compensation, like a months free line rental or similar. I've had it in the past from BT.
I work on the basis that unless these big corporates keep getting hit in the pocket, there's no incentive for them to avoid these admin 'errors'...

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”