Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Smart watch

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
swill453
Lemon Half

Smart watch

Postby swill453 » November 11th, 2018, 10:17 am

I've never really looked at smart watches before, but now think I might have a couple of uses for one:

1 - Primary purpose would be integrating with the Viewranger app on my Android phone. I use this (a lot) for hiking/hillwalking to follow routes on maps and record tracks. Having it on a watch would save me having to frequently take my phone out of my pocket.

2 - Running/jogging, to record distance, pace, track etc., possibly with heart rate monitoring as well. If this needs to link to the phone as well then that's fine, I can carry the phone too, but standalone would be good.

Anyone had any experience with smart watches for these purposes?

Scott.

Lesleyfool
Lemon Pip

Re: Smart watch

Postby Lesleyfool » November 11th, 2018, 11:34 am

Hi

I have a polar m430 which i link with my ipad and iphone. Dont know if it does android.

I am female and love the fact it does not have a chest strap, it gives pulse readings, gps etc come off the wrist. You can see where you have walked, run, street wise after a training session.

Had it about six months now and like it. You do not have to carry a phone with you while you are out. Just get back and sync it and it gives you all your data.

Good luck, hope you find what you are after.

RececaDron
2 Lemon pips

Re: Smart watch

Postby RececaDron » November 11th, 2018, 2:12 pm

You'd do well to start by reading the relevant sections of Ray Maker's site:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-rev ... y-monitors

You "may be some time", but if you want to be informed rather than just taking a punt...

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”