Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

WIFI Extenders

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Mike88
Lemon Slice

WIFI Extenders

Postby Mike88 » November 11th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Since having Sky Q installed yesterday with new router I am unable to receive a WIFI signal in my study. Under the previous arrangement I used a TP-Link successfully but I cannot get it to work now. The Sky engineer told me the WIFI extender at 300mpbs (whatever that means) is simply not up to it.

The router is situated on the same floor as my study but is around 13 metres away. Has anyone any recommendations for a WIFI range extender in the circumstances described?

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: WIFI Extenders

Postby Infrasonic » November 11th, 2018, 1:32 pm

Can you post the make and model numbers of your existing kit, Sky router/box , previous router if you still have it and the WiFi extender as a minimum.
Manuals can then be sourced online to check all the tech specs for compatibility and networking options.

That way we might be able to work out a way for you to use your existing kit (or not...) to achieve what you want.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”