Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

canon iP2500 ink absorber

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

canon iP2500 ink absorber

Postby johnstevens77 » January 6th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Hi everyone. My ink absorber needs cleaning, how easy is it to do this oneself? I looked online but it seems very complicated, dismantling the machine seems the only way to do it and that is not for me.

Thanks

john
Moderator Message:
Moved from Building and DIY to Computers, TVs & Phones as this seems a more likely place to reach peeps with expertise. - Chris

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Re: canon iP2500 ink absorber

Postby stewamax » January 6th, 2019, 12:27 pm

If that model has ink absorbers (plural) similar to those of its bigger brother the Pixma iP6600, there is an absorber below the cartridge 'rail' which is relatively easy to get at and clean, and there is also one within the base of the printer that is a nightmare to get at.

You could, however, try to reset the ink absorber 'count' (it keep a tally of roughly how much ink is used) as follows:

- with the the printer turned off, press and hold the Resume button - the one with a circle icon with a triangle inside
- still pressing the button, press and hold the Power button. The green light should now be displayed
- still keeping the Power button held down, let go of the Resume button
- press the Resume button twice. The green light should go orange and then green
- release the Power button.
- press the Resume button four times. Reset counter absorber should be displayed.
- press the Power button to accept.
- switch the printer off and on again

Sounds baroque but often works!

johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

Re: canon iP2500 ink absorber

Postby johnstevens77 » January 6th, 2019, 5:53 pm

I did all that but the message still appears. Looking inside the printer, the absorber pads are full to overflowing and need to be cleaned.

john

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”