Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Anyone with a Honor mobile phone?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
bl734

Anyone with a Honor mobile phone?

Postby bl734 » January 17th, 2019, 12:16 am

I have been thinking about buying a honor 8X as it seems to have great reviews and gives users a great value for money. However, I am a bit worried by all the negative press about Huawei regarding user privacy and online safety.

So, is there anyone with a Honor mobile phone? What has your experience been? Are you concerned about any privacy and safety issues? I would love to know. Many thanks.

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Anyone with a Honor mobile phone?

Postby staffordian » January 17th, 2019, 7:28 am

I have an Honor 9 Lite and have been very happy with it. Battery life is good and it is quick and responsive.

Had it a year or so and I've not had any issues at all with it. No visits from MI6 yet :D

I read these stories about security worries, but frankly, if the Chinese were eavesdropping on my data, they would get bored very quickly...

Imbiber
Lemon Slice

Postby Imbiber » January 17th, 2019, 7:50 am

My wife has a Honour P9 lite, very pleased with it. It appears to be excellent value.

jofc

Postby jofc » January 17th, 2019, 10:46 am

Our Honor rollcall is:
Honor 6A for my daughter last year & that's doing fine
Honor 9 Lite for christmas & he seems pleased with that

Then I decided to try a different Chinese phone & got a Redmi 6 & so far I'm quite happy with that too.

I would have preferred phones with replaceable batteries - but none of them have that these days.

I can't see any point in buying more expensive phones, in case you drop or loose them.

Jof

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » January 17th, 2019, 5:29 pm

staffordian wrote:I have an Honor 9 Lite and have been very happy with it. Battery life is good and it is quick and responsive.

Had it a year or so and I've not had any issues at all with it. No visits from MI6 yet :D

I read these stories about security worries, but frankly, if the Chinese were eavesdropping on my data, they would get bored very quickly...

It is safest to presume that anything Chinese is reporting back to the Chinese Government, because if they can, they will.

In the same way as it is safest to presume the same with Google.

DM

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Postby staffordian » January 17th, 2019, 6:27 pm

dionaeamuscipula wrote:
staffordian wrote:I have an Honor 9 Lite and have been very happy with it. Battery life is good and it is quick and responsive.

It is safest to presume that anything Chinese is reporting back to the Chinese Government, because if they can, they will.

In the same way as it is safest to presume the same with Google.

DM

I agree, and for this reason among others having a Chinese phone doesn't worry me any more than any other phone, internet service or website does.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » January 17th, 2019, 7:03 pm

I have a P10 lite that I love and an old Huawei smartphone that I changed only because it got so old that no apps would work with it and the bloody thing wouldn't break, just kept going and going. I still keep it as a spare. All miles better than the overpriced Apple rubbish. Google Duo is far superior to Facetime and they all use ubiquitous USB cables, standard earphones and mini SD cards. My only complaint is that success has gone to Huawei's head and the prices have gone up. Not much worried about security. I use Duckduckgo which is a better search engine than Google and more private.

Steve

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”