Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Virgin cable

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
swill453
Lemon Half

Virgin cable

Postby swill453 » February 7th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Yes, literally the cable.

The stuff they use to connect from the box on the wall to my TV set top box and to my "Media Superhub" is very stiff, white co-ax cable. This doesn't really lend itself to a tidy installation as it can't be bent to a very tight radius, and, being white doesn't blend in with other TV and audio-related cables which are usually black.

Can I easily source more flexible, hopefully black cable to replace it with? Is there a specification to look for? And what's the name of the screw-on co-ax connector they use?

Scott.

Grumpsimus
2 Lemon pips

Re: Virgin cable

Postby Grumpsimus » February 7th, 2019, 2:30 pm

swill453 wrote:Yes, literally the cable.

The stuff they use to connect from the box on the wall to my TV set top box and to my "Media Superhub" is very stiff, white co-ax cable. This doesn't really lend itself to a tidy installation as it can't be bent to a very tight radius, and, being white doesn't blend in with other TV and audio-related cables which are usually black.

Can I easily source more flexible, hopefully black cable to replace it with? Is there a specification to look for? And what's the name of the screw-on co-ax connector they use?

Scott.

It wiil be a type of Sat Cable, suitable for the very high frequencies used. It is stiff and has a solid copper centre core, it is not ment to be bent to a tight radius as this will reduce the signal. You can buy similar cable i.e. WF100 from CPC in different colours including black. The plugs are called F Plugs or connectors, because they screw on to the cable they have to be matched with the exact size of cable you are using.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”