Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Mobile from Plusnet (EE) versus Vodafone

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
tea42
Lemon Slice

Re: Mobile from Plusnet (EE) versus Vodafone

Postby tea42 » October 9th, 2019, 7:31 pm

Here in a Devon town we have no 3 or EE signal and apparently wont have until 13th of October due to a mast failure. Disgusted because it was 4G before. Missed dozens of calls and the calls via wifi just dont work.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » October 9th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Usual experience from most large companies, but on the Sure-Signal point I suspect the issue is they have no interest in supporting them as most customers have moved to WiFi calling.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » October 10th, 2019, 12:14 pm

AF62 wrote:Usual experience from most large companies, but on the Sure-Signal point I suspect the issue is they have no interest in supporting them as most customers have moved to WiFi calling.

I am sure you are correct. However, I bought my Samsung Galaxy as a SIM-free device from Amazon. Although it supports WiFi calling in theory, Vodafone/Samsung don't support it unless you buy your phone from Vodafone! It took me weeks and weeks to work this out, including trips to Vodafone and Samsung stores, multiple chats and phone calls with Vodafone etc. Therefore, I needed the Sure Signals to work. The good news is that locals (where our sure signals and holiday homes are) tell me that EE has the best signal in the area, so hopefully my Plusnet/EE service will be fine. I'll found out in a week's time. If it is fine, then Mrs C's phone will go over to Plusnet too.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » October 10th, 2019, 12:28 pm

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2 ... study.html
The latest October 2019 Mobile Network Experience report from Opensignal, which used crowd-sourced data to test 4G and 3G based UK Mobile (Mobile Broadband) performance, has once again named EE as the best overall operator as it beat arch rivals Vodafone, O2 and Three UK in almost every single category.

It's a shame the way Vodafone has gone downhill over the years, I've had a contract with them since '94. In the early (Racal) days you could ring them up and actually talk to a human who knew what they were on about, quite often an engineer of some sort. Even if they couldn't fix the issue there and then they knew technically what could be done in future.
My recent interactions with them have echoed Clarimans, tick box nonsense and no case history to refer to.
Last time it took four phone calls to resolve a continuing authorisation (CPA) renewal on my CC, even though I explained each time what needed doing (it's an ongoing staff training issue their end, i.e there isn't any...).

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » October 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Vodafone, the gift that keeps on giving it would seem...https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... ter-roami/

Vodafone customers have been incorrectly told they owe £1,000s for using their mobiles abroad after a major technical blunder.

Customers of the network who are travelling overseas say they've received texts warning that they've exceeded their data allowance and will have services suspended until a payment is made. And some say they've been told they will be billed over £5,000.

Vodafone says the technical error behind the problem has now been fixed and it's working through incorrect billing messages "as an urgent priority".
Cont.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » October 14th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Infrasonic wrote:https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/10/ee-beats-o2-vodafone-and-three-uk-to-top-opensignal-study.html
The latest October 2019 Mobile Network Experience report from Opensignal, which used crowd-sourced data to test 4G and 3G based UK Mobile (Mobile Broadband) performance, has once again named EE as the best overall operator as it beat arch rivals Vodafone, O2 and Three UK in almost every single category.

It's a shame the way Vodafone has gone downhill over the years, I've had a contract with them since '94. In the early (Racal) days you could ring them up and actually talk to a human who knew what they were on about, quite often an engineer of some sort. Even if they couldn't fix the issue there and then they knew technically what could be done in future.
My recent interactions with them have echoed Clarimans, tick box nonsense and no case history to refer to.
Last time it took four phone calls to resolve a continuing authorisation (CPA) renewal on my CC, even though I explained each time what needed doing (it's an ongoing staff training issue their end, i.e there isn't any...).

=======================

racal was an electronics company that developed a highly innovative communications receiver.

they also had a very small department looking at the then in its infancy cellnet idea .

which has morphed into ... vodafone .

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » November 11th, 2019, 2:07 pm

As if further evidence of Vodafone's incompetence was necessary ....

Recap - in early October I moved mobile phone and broadband accounts away from Vodafone because of poor service, problems with my Sure Signal and their lack of response to a formal complaint.

Today I received an SMS asking if I could give them some feedback following my satisfactorily closed complaint! :lol: :roll: :o . They didn't even RESPOND to my ********* complaint! To be fair they did respond, said they would fix the problem and then call me back. After that initial call they did nothing and never called me back.

So I decided to answer their survey questions. After I responded "no" to the question "Was your complaint resolved?" the next question was "How would you rate the person who solved your complaint?"

You could not make this stuff up.

production100
2 Lemon pips

Postby production100 » November 11th, 2019, 6:04 pm

How would you rate the person who solved your complaint?

Is there not a rating for incompetent...

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » November 11th, 2019, 6:37 pm

production100 wrote:
How would you rate the person who solved your complaint?

Is there not a rating for incompetent...

To be honest, it's not the individual, it's the company culture and poor systems. At least that is how it feels as a customer.

C

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » November 26th, 2019, 4:12 pm

I've just received an email from Vodafone (that I had to rescue from the spam folder, when it rains it pours) asking me
1. How likely would you be to recommend Vodafone to a friend, family member or colleague?

From 0-10...Ooh the temptation... :evil:

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”